Wednesday 09/09/2009 kholo bridge bass fish

Davo_Dinkum

all this bass reports got me itchy for some.

so wanted to fish tomorrow anyways,so going to go up to kholo bridge and head up river and try for bass.

10 pm to 2 .

got to drop the kids off and get 2 coffee into me for canoe time.

wish me luck .cause i need it .

only fished for bass a few time before the season closed .

at the old weir 3 times .2/3 hr sessions , land based ,2 times in the middle of the day .once in the afternoon/nightfall.no luck.

kholo cpl times .2/3 hr sessions, once land based ,once in the canoe .both the afternoon/nightfall.no luck

darlington park cpl times .

the upper Albert river at darlington park payed off for me with my first bass.

there for a week .fished about 6 ,2 hrs sessions on sun up and night fall.

so that go me keen for more.

but to lazy too get my dam fishing permit and drive to far .

but if i have a few more tries and get nothing at kholo .

well then will be time to get a permit and hit the dams.

FREEWILLY wrote:

kholo bridge, ?? is that near colleges crossing? I have seen the sign all over the park warning of sharks there, I mean, how big can the sharks get there it seems only 1 foot deep mate . (colleges)

kholo is bit up river from collages .about 7 km by road and about 14 km by river.

u got the weir between collages and kholo bridge ,fresh up at the bridge .

at low tide a lot of collages is shallow 1 foot deep near the edge but most still about a meter a lot of sand banks at low tide,but there are some holes there.

in lagoon area i found 1 ,5 meters deep at low tide and about 10 meters round .

u would get at least 1 meter bully sharks at collages .they would like a finger or toe.lol

i seen big sharks in 2 foot of water .2 meters long ones.but more common to see 1,1.5 meter ones.

i would worry more about the bull rout .see 2 of my nephews stand on them and they are tough buggers and they where carrying on like there was no tomorrow .heard a heap of story's about them on here too.

Archived