Marine battery

ryanyoung

G'day all,

I am coming to the stage when I can put the boat in the water :woohoo: , however I need a battery to run my fishfinder off, and also nav lights on occasion. I am wondering if anyone has a battery out there that they are not using, or know where I can get one for a reasonable price?

I am willing to pay cash if anyone wants to offload one!

Cheers,

Ryan.

bigtez wrote:

I think I have one here that has been sitting for a while. No idea if it has charge or will hold a charge. I will find it and check if you like.

That would be awesome bigtez, I would really appreciate that. If it is all-go, let me know how much you want for it, and we will sort something out!

Cheers,

Ryan.

i used to use a 18amp 12 volt hobby battery. it was cheap less than 30 dollars. and it ran a hummingbird pirhanna fish finder and a 500 gph sump pump for a bait tank and it would run a good 8 hours with all of them running. it was also light compared to a car battery. 10lbs. u could probably get away with using a motorcycle battery also.

ryanyoung wrote:

bigtez wrote:
I think I have one here that has been sitting for a while. No idea if it has charge or will hold a charge. I will find it and check if you like.

That would be awesome bigtez, I would really appreciate that. If it is all-go, let me know how much you want for it, and we will sort something out!

Cheers,

Ryan.

Had some charge in it. Have it on the charger now. I can bring it up to the Flatty social for you. Don't want anything for it, will save me a trip to the dump. Or maybe a donation to AFO. ;)

bigtez wrote:

ryanyoung wrote:
bigtez wrote:

Cheers,

Ryan.

Had some charge in it. Have it on the charger now. I can bring it up to the Flatty social for you. Don't want anything for it, will save me a trip to the dump. Or maybe a donation to AFO. ;)

No worries mate, that is great news! A donation is coming AFO's way :woohoo: !

Archived