pine river

Troy_79

hi everyone,

finished work early yesterday so decided to go up to the pine to wet a line. Got up there at about 3pm and hired a boat from dohlas rocks boat hire and was out on the water at 330pm.

Went up to the mouth to drop the pots in hoping to pick up some sandies then anchored up at shellys beach up at the mouth trying my hb lures i got from ebay, after about 20min i got my first ever fish on a hb, a 29cm flattie not legal but i was just happy that the lures that cost me 4.95 off ebay actually worked:)

Spent another half hour using worms prawns and the hb's but only picked up a few small bream on the prawns and some diver whiting on the worms, so decided to head up the river abit to dohals rocks but decided to check the pots first, i had 4 pots so i was fairly confident i might get atleast 1 or 2 keepers but would u belive it 15 undersize sandies:angry: and 6 of them were half a cm undersize so i threw them all back.

So i dropped the pots off across the other side of the river at dohlas rocks where in the past i've picked up some monster muddies but that was in the olden days when we had rain:P fished around the rocks for an hour or so only catching baby bream and more diver whiting. So i baited up a couple of diver whiting hoping to get a flattie but no luck.

As i was leaving a guy on the shore caught a big shoval nose would have been a few kilo but had to leave as the sun was going down and i only had the boat for 3 hrs. Went over to get the pots and got one muddie nice one aswell but it was a female so i released her. Im yet to catch a keeprer in 07 maybe i should start praying to the fish gods aswell hey jimmybob:)

Troy!

Archived