New Yak trolley (aka camper trailer)

Feral

Well,

I bought myself a camper trailer because I was sick of putting up tents when I went camping on my mates place on the Condamine.

I was very pleased with myself when I bought it home and showed it to the family, until the wife says, if you towing that, you cant tow your kayak trailer can you, how you going to get the yaks out there -Doh! :blink:

So with the next trip looming ( in 10 days or so) I figured I had better sort something out. Wacked up a couple of ideas on KFDU, got some feedback from the blokes, was planning on vertical mounts etc etc. Then I put the tape measure on the trailer - the yaks would sit easily horizontal, so horizontal it was.

Easily takes the 3 yaks and the ski. Not sure if I will have the clearance when she opens, so have made it easily adjustable just in case (Built it off the existing set of bars which just clear the box on the front, but the extra height and radius as it goes over might be an issue with the old gas cylinder mounts).

P9120002.jpg

P9120004.jpg

The original front bar is adjustable, being held with only one 3/8 bolt. I stayed with that so I can move it if necessary when I open it, but put a brace in to give it a bit of strength. The brace is easily removable, just the one 5/16 bolt.

P9120003-1.jpg

The shot looking towards the sky shows the metal used, it only has 3 sides, with a rolled edge. Perfect for the yak straps to hold on to. Its some sort of fancy stuff I scrounged off Ray a while back.

P9120007.jpg

Here it is with the yaks and ski on. They easily push on from the back, very happy with the result. Now I just need the compulsory pool noodle zip tied on to cushion things and she is done. Might even give it a coat of paint (Might).

P9120023.jpg

P9120026.jpg

P9120024.jpg

Archived