Kayak advise please

Keen-as-fisho

Hi guys, I am thinking about getting into the kayak seen. I am selling my project car to fund this :( . I am after a yak that can have a bow mounted electric, seeing as how Ive already got one. Thats about the only thing I want, apart from an oar, straps, rod holders x2 (and a battery for the electric ;) ). Wheres the hot spot for a good deal in Brissy? And what about dollar wise, what am I looking at?

Thanks all.

mate

Hobie.....hobie...hobie!

I have had a paddle kayak which was great but in tidal flow conditions where you want to hold your position a Hobie comes into it's own. Yes they are a litte more expensive but buy once and be happy.

I met a guy up at Noosa who had a viking with an electric motor and although it works well he mentioned the set up hassle that comes along with the electric is a pain in the butt.

In the dams where their is no tidal influence a paddle ya is no probs, in open ocean go a prowler (they are long and sleek and paddle really well)

but overall I would go a Hobie over everything else.

Just my thoughts....happy hunting!

Batty

-If you want something that can hold up a bow mount, probably a pro angler is about all there is. Anything else is going to sit to low in the nose with a bow mount on it.

You could investigate mounting it on the rear of a yak.

Of course the problem is that most bow mounts are going to be pretty big for a yak, going to be hard to get it to go slow enough unless it is an infinitely variable speed unit.

Feral wrote:

-If you want something that can hold up a bow mount, probably a pro angler is about all there is. Anything else is going to sit to low in the nose with a bow mount on it.

You could investigate mounting it on the rear of a yak.

Of course the problem is that most bow mounts are going to be pretty big for a yak, going to be hard to get it to go slow enough unless it is an infinitely variable speed unit.

Sorry I ment on the back :blush:

Archived