Moggil Ferrie

Ash

hey Everyone!

A mate my daughter and myself went for a quick fishing and crabbing stint out at the Moggil ferrie park area over the weekend. I am happy to report that we had a great time and also took a few home too.

With the crabs i took home 4 very decent (legal size and male of coarse!). All up we brought up 9 large and very healthy muddies about 2 hrs after the tide came in. The other five we released were females. This was great as it means that poeple are doing the right thing by letting the ladies go!

There were, as usual, many a cattie around. Which i thought was great as they make excellant crab bait.

Both my mate and my daughter brought in a bream each. My daughter (who's 4 in August) had the bigger of the two. My friend was continually reminded of this by myself and my daughter all the way home.

Much to my amazement, i landed a nice 46cm flat head! I didnt realise they were that far up the river!

Both Bream were caught on prawn, and my flattie was on a Prawn Sp. If anyone else fishes there regulary, please reply to this post with what other catches are taken around there. i would love to hear them.:evil:

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2006/05/20 06:21

Gday mate.

Excellent work all round.

Especially on the flatty. People catch them at colloges from time to time so its not unexpected in theory that they would have to be at the ferry as well. But ever so what an awesome sign for the river! People catch Giant Herring and Tarpon there quite regularly so i cant see why you would not catch them on Sp's. By the way i got my first fish on SP today (a moses persch) but ill be posting that in its own rather detailed report!

Anyway mate congrats again and we will have to hit that spot up again soon. I can add some more crab pots to the war effort.

Angus.

P.S. Any piccies?

hey all,

Thanks for replies. And hey Angus well done on the SP!Im adding pictures tonight of one of the crabs and my flat head. Ive got to by NEW camera, as the other not really working to well. That why only the 2 photo's. Will have more next time!

hey guys,

i must apologise for a typo in origional report. It was a prawn soft lure that got the flattie, not the minnow. My bad. I will learn to proof read before submiting next time!:pinch: Do'h!

And Troy, i couldnt believe the amount of muddies up there. I had placed the pots a bit away from us, but soon wished had put them right infront of where we were fishing! Mate nearly pulled a massive one onto sure, but it let go before could get net to it!

The place has alot of river bank area to fish and crab from. Sometimes you have to be rough it to get to some of the harder to reach places.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived