upper brissy 29.9.09

James W

hooked up today with old mate rocket and new mate ryan. the poor buggers :P dragged them all over the country side chasing fish and all we got were 2 catfish! ryan's catty was a bit of a bruiser thou and his first fish on a hard body..think he got it on a mojiko..got mine on a stumpjumper.

no yellas :(

saw 2 massive red bellies thou..and i had a eel smash me off the surface. its a pretty place out there.hope you blokes enjoyed the scenery as much as me..sorry we didnt get on to any good fish guys :blush:

was almost a donut..saved by the catty!

thanx rod for doing the driving, was appreciated :)

and nice meetin ya ryan, congrats and welcome to the world of freshwater fishing! ( it gets better mate) DSC01308.jpg

i promised ryan i would take him to my secret stanley river spot, so he can have a crack at "real yella" fishin.just need some rain up there.

a couples of things have changed up the brissy river..a heap more water..i mean lots more! the fullest i have seen since i have been fishing there. the vegetation on the banks were extremly dry and the catfish were very black and look very healthy compared to previous trips.

ryans catty had a decent sized bony bream down its throat too :P

Ah well. A fish is a fish! Thats where I caught my first fish on a HB with James W and never looked back :) Even a lot more "quality" fish have been caught those cat fish can still give you a good run for your money on light gear!

James W: How did you find the Blue Mountain?

Angus

the lemax blue mountain went well! didnt get to give it heaps as i only hooked up the once!

but it casted light and heavy lures a great distance..nice feeling thru the rod while working the lures too which i like...and could control my lures actions pretty good with it.. i like it :)

oh well I didn't catch a fish, but it was a lovely day, with good company and some exercise in the great outdoors...better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I reckon :)

congrats to Ryan on the first HB capture.

Very cool to see the half swollowed bony hanging out his gob...

could have done without the close encounter with the large deadly snake though! that'll get your adrenaline pumping....

will have to do it again soon (the fishing, not the snakes!)

rocket

Rocket75 wrote:

oh well I didn't catch a fish, but it was a lovely day, with good company and some exercise in the great outdoors...better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I reckon :)

congrats to Ryan on the first HB capture.

Very cool to see the half swollowed bony hanging out his gob...

could have done without the close encounter with the large deadly snake though! that'll get your adrenaline pumping....

will have to do it again soon (the fishing, not the snakes!)

rocket

Yeah let it be a written warning, fishing with James W = Close ecounters of the snakey kind :P

Angus

Archived