made a bait board

mick fillet

had a bait board previous to this one but it wasnt very user friendly was made from stainless and also a bit hard to fillet bait on as it had raised sies all the way round and it sat out over the transom slightly.

I made the new bait board so it sits inside the boat alot more and is heaps wider and longer than the last bait board with the front of it recessed so the knife blade can sit flat to fillet fish. a shelf has been added underneath to stow away fish rags. I rubber inserted the ally tube to protect the rods whilst in the holder now all I have to do is find a piece of butchers board 1.5m x.5m for the cutting board and the bait board is complete IMGP0761_AFO.jpg

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

u get a bit bored there mick.

and felt the need to do man thing and build stuff :)

nice 1 mic look good .

Iam never get board davo Iam always busy mate or more to the point I try to look busy :laugh:

Iam just trying to get as much welding work done to the boat as i can before the new donk goes on the back of her next week.

Looks very good. For the cutting board try Shiloh plastics at narangbah 38892472 they usually have second hand bits of 12mm PE board for around $10 bucks . Cant remember the size but I think they may only be 1.2 by .5 so may be too small. They do have a lot of knife cuts in them as they use them for trimming plastic packaging on them but the price is right.

Cheers

Ray

Archived