Wire, single strand or multi strand nylon coated?

superstryda

I have read alot of places that you should use the multi strand nylon coated wire because the sharks can pick up on the uncoated single strand stuff. I have spoken to a couple of guys now who stick to the single strand and have alot of success and they find it alot easier to handle not needing sleeves and crimps etc. I just thought i'd ask all the shark fishos here what works for you guys?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the servo (sure catch)brand 30cm nylon coated multi strand traces with great success, having acounted for 3 bull and 2 hammer heads to around the meter mark in the last 2 weeks :) Only reason for the cheap and nasty traces is they often get pretty messed up and find themselves in the bin. Have not tried single strand yet.

red_skittles wrote:

hi everyone i am new to this site, but im a keen fisherman. never been fishing for sharks before but im keen to try catch some bull sharks. wondering if anyone can shed some light on bait and a location? cheers

Hi mate and welcome to the site, you will find plenty of info here just have a look in the sharking section at previous posts and you should find all the info you need. Happy hunting.

Archived