Hinze Dam Permit availability.

rayke1938

Last time I was there i was chatting to ranger who told me that they no longer issue permits.

Here is latest from GCCC website.

The Fishing Permit system for Hinze Dam is administered by the local fish stocking association. Fishing permits for Hinze Dam are available for purchase from the following local outlets:

Nerang Disposals Camping & Outdoor Store 10 Spencer Road, Nerang (07) 5596 4434

Miami Bait and Tackle 4/ 2088 Gold Coast Highway, Miami (07) 5572 8270

Doug Burt's Tackle World 15 Nind St, Southport (07) 5531 0755

Southport Fishing & Dive Centre 95 Marine Parade, Southport (07) 5531 2333

Please note: Council will no longer issue fishing permits for the Hinze Dam.

Other SEQ dams require a permit for fishing from the Department of Primary Industries and Fishing (DPIF). For more information, or to purchase permits, external website link visit the DPI&F website.

Now a bit of a pain to get a permit if you live in Brissie.

Cheers

Ray

Yes Ray it costs A lot if you fish the local SEQ impoundments here is my list.

SIP permit $35 per annum.

Somerset and Wivenhoe $75 per annum.

NPD BAS permit $100.

Hinze dam $40 per annum.

Baroon Pocket $5 per visit (I fish from my kayak mostly as it is free)so dont pay for annual permit which is $50.

Plus there are the various costs of fishing other dams, gate fees, weekly or daily permits .I dont mind paying most of this as it goes into restocking.

Regards Steve.

I dont mind the money it is just the difficulty to get the Hinze one that I am having a winge about.

My first one was purchased from Tackleword at Slacks Creek then they stopped the next one From council office at beenleigy then the next few from rangers who start at 7am and the last one I had to drive from redland bay to nerang. Was able to pick up a few cheap lures to console myself but its still a pain.

Just wish a tackle store in brisbane would pick up the ball.

Cheers

Ray

Dave it is a fishing permit you need one to fish from shore and boat. Every person on board needs one.

In actual fact i think that quite a few of the people who fish hinze do not have a permit. I have never been asked for one by the rangers and have never seen DPI on water. I am certain if they were easier to obtain or even if they had a system similat to baroon pocket where you could put your money in the slot they would raise a lot more money for the stocking group.

Cheers

Ray

just an update.

I have been contacted by a HDFMC member and they have the matter in hand. They are developing their own website that will eventually have the facility to purchase your permit on line. They just have to go through a heap of red tape to obtain SEQ waters approval for the website.

He also mentioned that the offence for fishing without a permit has changed from a GCCC offense to a SEQ water trespass offense which carries much higher penalties.

Cheers

Ray

Archived