Brisbane River Report

chris_stewart14

After a mate of mine just installed a new casting deck and floor into his tinny he was super keen to take it out for a spin. We decided to hit the middle reaches of the Brisbane river and try our luck. We started the night doing it hard for collecting live baits.

I was determined to get my first Jew or Threddie on a lure so after alot of throws of the net for nil result I announced we were missing the tide, so he surcame to pressure and decided to throw some plastics. After around 20 minutes my 4 inch prong gets smoked on the drop and my new rod has it's first bend... A short tussle ensued and boated my first lure Jew at 55cm... Around 10 minutes later again working over the same ledge I was slammed again and again the typical violent headshakes gave the fish away.. I called it for "a much better fish" although he only came in at 57cm - but must have had his weeties..

After finally seeing alot of action on some bait grounds we netted around ten livies and decided to change spots with the tide. A short trip downriver and my mate deployed two livies while I continued to work the lures. Another 20 mins went by of talking utter filth and the bait runner screams off, bolting with the long runs we knew it was a Threddie from the onset. Ended up boating a very healthy 110cm Threddie and with a quick de hook and a photo she kicked off strong back into the depths..

Called it quits after that.. Really enjoyable nights fishing and the wind seemed to stay out of it the whole time.

Chris Jew1_AFO.jpg

James W wrote:

great session guys! will have to get another jew for FOTM or did ya get it after midnite last night? :P

Haha nah unfortunately Jimmy.. The jew were sub midnight plus I dont own a brag matt so no dice for FOTM unfortunately :( Hopefully I can get onto afew bigger ones over the next month.. Although I'd say FOTM will definately be seen from deep sea.

Chris

chris_stewart14 wrote:

James W wrote:
great session guys! will have to get another jew for FOTM or did ya get it after midnite last night? :P

Haha nah unfortunately Jimmy.. The jew were sub midnight plus I dont own a brag matt so no dice for FOTM unfortunately :( Hopefully I can get onto afew bigger ones over the next month.. Although I'd say FOTM will definately be seen from deep sea.

Chris

Yeah thats possible. But there are not that many blue water fisho's on this really. Not in the big picture anyway.

I reckon the winning jew will be a river mouth or Pin fish personally.

We shall see!

Angus

chris_stewart14 wrote:

fishing_hardcore wrote:
Nice therdie, jew looks a bit small.

maybe the big ones will come next time

cheers

Im sorry your disappointed.. I'll try to do better next time :P

Bugger that mate, I'm jealous of that jewie! I haven't caught one yet, but it's at the top of my list ha ha :laugh: !

Archived