Dingo mini diggers - opinions please

kriso

Hey Guys,

Just doing a bit of research ,

wondering if any of you tradies/ contractors use the dingo variety of mini diggers and whats your opinions of them? do they handle the work load okay and what sort of work do you do with them? do you hire, long term lease or own one? etc.

cheers

Kriso

ive rented and driven a few ,they seem a little under powered but they can do allot of work quick if you use them for the jobs they are ment for .they wont for example dig through hard clay soil with a few rocks in it nor will they just doze up grass . butit is one hell of a power shovel . the rock moving capability is surprissingly good and the hole drilling and ditch witch excelent far easier than a bobcat as you can get on off easy and better visibility . they will however throw you around and can hurt if you answer your phone whist driving next to a fence doohhh

jason

I've owned bobcat before and when I bought my smallest, I looked into dingo's but a 743bobcat with the narrow wheels and bucket came in 75mm narrower than the smallest dingo. More power, better quality work. The only downside was its a bit longer, but much more reliable and can charge more $$$ too. It was paired with an 800kg excavator.

Used to use them at work all the time. Great little units for what they are, no operator tickets required.

We used them for running drill heads (concrete and asphalt coring to 8inch diameters)and cleaning up around the place. Used one recently to clean up at work when we got flooded, great stuff. They are also good for spreading mulch.

Archived