brisbane river dinosaur

brisbane_boy

Went on a trip last night to one of the areas we have been getting smoked lately by good size jew, we found a few nice fish nothing big by jew standards but the night was blowin away by the following, somewhere along the lines jason was working the half ounce robzam along the run on the smith bayliner and sol and came tight, it didnt do a lot at first made a steady run up current then some huge headshakes and tore across the river like it was on ice.

Within seconds the braid top shot was gone and mono backing appeared, then it swam back towards us and all seemed sweet then it took off and the line ran out to the spool knot, frantically diving for the engine to backup hard such as in a chase for a blue marlin a spool job was averted, could this really happen in the brissy river

5min later things came under control and the beast appeared, the video camera was rolling through most of this and a quick jaw grab saw it slid onto the deck for a couple of quick pictures, despite the light gear this fish was very un fatigued and unbloated within 30sec it was back in the water biting down hard on my thumb, towed along for another minute at slow speed by the boat then sent on its way

couple of pics was pretty rushed to get it back safely but all good considering salmon2.jpgsalmon3.jpgsalmon1.jpg

post-1689-144598507123_thumb.jpg

Holy ****! :ohmy: :woohoo: That has to be the biggest one i've seen, looks like about 130cm+, hard to tell exactly hangin off the brag mat like that but very well done mate, top catch that one! Glad to hear that she swam off ok, see if you can find her again during the BRC, be hard to top that one.

yoyo wrote:

wow that is an incredible threadie.........

hmm...robzams eh...? looks like i'm off to tackleworld........again......again again....

You wont find those lures at any tackle shop A past member makes his own Im sure he sells them so ask around on here someone could help you out.try pm brisbane boy

Thanks guys, for a fish that has dodged bullsharks fishing lines floods and pollution for 10 years to be in such perfect condition and size it was due to become a rep for its species. its weight would of been I guess 12-15kg, seeing something like that come out of the river has to be one of fishings greatest thrills and something id certainly like to see again.,

breeding stock and emotion aside that fish on a plate is only worth the price of a few lures, in fishing tackle fuel and time on the water and enjoyment with us alone its worth thousands, its really in everyones best interests to consider what these fish are worth before putting a knife into the throat.

cheers

Zim man wrote:

what a monster fish, and a top effort that you considered her wellbeing the whole time as well. karma to you mate, she will come back to see you during the BRC ;)

luckely for who ever is fishing the brc and actualy wants to win it i dont think young nuckles will be eligable to fish it. top effort too mate thats the biggest i have seen evidence of yet.. heard a lot of storys but never any pics :laugh:

Funfisher wrote:

Zim man wrote:
what a monster fish, and a top effort that you considered her wellbeing the whole time as well. karma to you mate, she will come back to see you during the BRC ;)

luckely for who ever is fishing the brc and actualy wants to win it i dont think young nuckles will be eligable to fish it. top effort too mate thats the biggest i have seen evidence of yet.. heard a lot of storys but never any pics :laugh:

Why isn't knuckles eligable?

cheers

wesfish wrote:

Rocket75 wrote:
behemoth ! makes you wonder just how big they are gunna get in the Bris River?
they have the potential to grow to 2.2mtrs and a weight of 36kgs !!! it wont be long now til we hear of some one landing a megasarauris threadie :woohoo:

Wes maximum recored weight is 45kgs. I would love to see one that big.

Regs Steve.

Archived