Sign in to follow this  
bmxdirtjumpa

Moonlight Surface Bassin!

Met up with Jimmy late yesterday arvo to hit the freshwater! Aim of the day for me was to break my PB of 43, of which I have caught 4 of! and Jimmy being Jimmy just wanted to go bass fishin' :woohoo: With the full moon approaching it was prime time to pop the night away.

We had a very quiet start with only one bass going for the lures and failing to hook up but once the moon rose from behind the tree tops it was on. Jimmy got the first little fella falling to the mighty frenzy popper. I had my yo zuri popper that caught me a few before something massive decided he liked it more then I managed to find it a few days later wrapped around a few sticks I was certain this was a killer lure and as soon as the moon lit up completely the first time showing its self from behind the clouds I got a very quiet hit then ZZZZZ WOOO!!! I knew it was a good fish instantly and after a bit of a fight landed a monster! Estimated 53/54cm (checked it against the rod) and FAAAT, smashing the old PB! What a fish! Quick photo and back in the drink it went.

So stoked!!

This was only the start though! Manage to nail another couple of PB breakers (old pb). Keeping a friendly score we were dead even on 5 each...Then BAM i'm on again only to have Jimmy pull in another one while I was unhooking him! would not let me take the lead! This happen again soon after!!

We then moved around a bit with Jimmy bagging another two to edge further ahead. Ended up going back to the first spot with a bit of a joke about a double hookup on surface lures Yeah right... Though as the night's end grew closer sure enough got that DOUBLE HOOK UP!!! hahahaha awesome stuff!!

Finished the night with 21 bass on the surface. What a way to go out huh! Awesome fishing, got the PB and a double hook up. A session I'll never forget that's for sure!

Couple more photos

Please login or register to view this image

lovely fish there Conrad and Jim, I hope it lives on to be a ripe old age and 60cm+

The influx of water over dam walls does great things to local creek fishing

It is a shame that they are being targeted for food.

I don't grudge anyone their right to legally take home a feed of fish, but by the sound of it some unscrupulous bastaads are taking fish outside of legal limits and in some instances just killing fish for the hell of it.

It is a shame we can't expect everyone to respect the laws as we do ourselves...that's life. :dry:

Oh well, we can take pride in the knowledge that we are doing what we can (Catch+Release) to keep our fisheries healthy.

rocket

Rocket75 wrote:

lovely fish there Conrad and Jim, I hope it lives on to be a ripe old age and 60cm+

The influx of water over dam walls does great things to local creek fishing

It is a shame that they are being targeted for food.

I don't grudge anyone their right to legally take home a feed of fish, but by the sound of it some unscrupulous bastaads are taking fish outside of legal limits and in some instances just killing fish for the hell of it.

It is a shame we can't expect everyone to respect the laws as we do ourselves...that's life. :dry:

Oh well, we can take pride in the knowledge that we are doing what we can (Catch+Release) to keep our fisheries healthy.

rocket

Catch+PHOTO+Release! Ha ha, awesome work on the bassing, great PB!