Big cod on the news

fishing_hardcore

benno573 wrote:

From the picture taken it is near impossible to determine the exact species. The only cod that have max size are goldspot, blackspot, greasy, flowery and camoflague. Check the dpi website if you don't believe me. It is not any of these.

It does look like a qld groper but it is impossible to be sure. If it is I hope his chickens turn into emus and kick his dunny door down. I am sure after the publicity he has received the EPA or dpi people will investigate and confirm the species for sure. He could well be perfectly entitled to take it... Doesn't stop him being a d!ckhead and a bogan and stuff like that but it makes it a legal bogan act. Would I have kept it? No. Unless it wouldn't swim away at all and came up stone motherless dead.

Anyway, if it is a legal take... Has he cut the pectoral fin??? :P

It is very easy to determine the species from the pic.

I may not have been clear in what I stated try this any cod you are LIKELY to catch that is over 1.2 meters is oversize and therefore no take.

Regs Steve.

Dpi have been in contact with the people involved and charges are being laid. they stand to lose their boat,car,fishing gear and a huge fine. And i say sucked in. what sort of twit goes offshore fishing and keeps something like that. all for bragging rights. Im right behind john mondora on this issue, hang the mongrels up and gut them too

dano_mung wrote:

:silly: GROPER! :silly:

Not Grouper.

Think being "groped" :P , not "grouped" together ;) , as they are solitary highly territorial fish.

Beautiful fish, why would you even try to get it on board? :angry::angry:

got to admit that i thought the correct spelling was..'grouper'..pronounced..'groper'? it has the same spelling on wikipedia calling it the 'giant queensland grouper'..maybe it's a bit like bream..brim..lol :)

sammy65 wrote:

Dpi have been in contact with the people involved and charges are being laid. they stand to lose their boat,car,fishing gear and a huge fine. And i say sucked in. what sort of twit goes offshore fishing and keeps something like that. all for bragging rights. Im right behind john mondora on this issue, hang the mongrels up and gut them too

how do you know this?

cheers

Can you let us know when the court date is for this as it will have to go before a Magistrates Court at minimum if there is opportunity to confiscate property.

Court appearance dates are public forum as they are posted in the foyers of each court so there is no secrecy involved there.

I WILL be sitting in the public gallery for this one!

Archived