cast net? = one phone

aidanwebb

Went down to Bulimba last night and tried to cast net, and after a short lesson from Ryan I managed to bowl a few leg breaks into the river and collected a few prawns as my prize, might I add at the expense of my phone in my pocket which I forgot was there when I had to wade out chest deep to un-snag my cast net on the rocks.

With my live prawns managed to hook up on a baby Ray and a +- 1m shovelnose shark..or is it a shovelnose Ray? but none the less a decent fight from the shovelnose before releasing him back into the river. Sorry no pics but I was to busy cutting my feet on the rocks and trying to get my hook back.

Tom arrived around 8pm and armed with some dodgy servo prawns and managed to land his first ever Threadie. A PB,though Im pretty sure he will be able to beat some to soon, but still one threadie more than me.

;)

Cheers Guys, Isn't she a monster!! Definately wet my appetite to chase the biggies and given the weekend track record of the servo prawns I think that may well be the bait of choice for the time being. Or at least until Aiden masters the net and has enough prawns to trade for beers!! We're still waiting for Kim to sign up and post her Jewie from Saturday night so I'll get onto her and hopefully she'll still be on the leaderbord for the FOTM!

See you all at Bulimba soon

superstryda wrote:

Hey mate nice to meet you last night, I was the one that rocked up late just before you left. We fished for a bit over an hour before the rain got annoying, got a couple of hits but no hook ups.
Rain?? You must be the unluckiest fisherman in Brisbane. Got nothing here. Care to come fish in my back lawn??

Nice one

I dropped by for an hour and was a very nice night,

sadly I dont think the tide was on your side, but Adrian I reckon you

got smoked by a threadie.

Rays take a bit to pick up speed but ypur drag was going off hard, could have well been a threadie, the do big runs and will spit the hook at these times.

nice night out

cheers to all the top people I met.

A mate of mine caught one of similar size last week while we were out, was saying to him it would be interesting to tag some that size and see where they pop up over the years? Would this be possible to do? Does anybody know? Prob should start another thread tho shouldn't I? rather than hi-jack this one.

superstryda wrote:

A mate of mine caught one of similar size last week while we were out, was saying to him it would be interesting to tag some that size and see where they pop up over the years? Would this be possible to do? Does anybody know? Prob should start another thread tho shouldn't I? rather than hi-jack this one.

i got hooked up with a tagging kit etc by Bill Sawynok up in Rocky, haven't done a threadie session in over a month though cause its spawning season but will be doing a few tagging missions soon. if you want you can have a look here:

/>http://www.ansaqld.com.au/tagging/

for more info

Archived