a strange weekend

nadders

well, sunday/monday anyway...

started sunday night, pinkenba ramp is fenced off wtf. so trekked across the gateway to colmslie, launched and headed to the usual haunts. some good cod and a few flatties, managed a stingray on a vibe which is new for me, also tagged a jewie so if anyone catches a 60ish odd jew with a tag in it, say hello for me

the real fun started when we got back to the ramp, some $@$@@$#!$# has removed the roller on my trailer, being dead low tide at colmslie there was no way i could sink the trailer far enough to float the boat on either, so we basically waited around till 7:30am when i could go buy another roller. i hate people.

got home 9ish am went straight to sleep, woke up at 4 and got a call from a mate. I was meant to take brad out for a tagging mission but he had early meetings so we rescheduled, and my mates on the phone asking if i wanna fish and obviously the answer is yes.

give the battery a quick 1hr charge and back at it, this time fishos island ramp, f$#@ colmslie :P on the water by 7. Decided not to fish big baits for cod this time for a change, just threw some lures around. action was hard and fast with the first 2 casts of the day landing a jew and a snap, and pretty steady hits for the rest of the night.

copped a treble in my finger down to the barb, while the lure was still in my mates jew... had to pull the bastard out, not fun

anyway we ended up with 5 jewies mostly 55cm, biggest one about 70ish (the one that stuck a treble in me) 3 snaps 45cm, 52cm, 58cm

lost a bunch more good snaps and lost one very good jew at the end

most fish caught on vibes, will post pics when mate emails em to me

tugger wrote:

nice work on the jewies dan my priest could have sorted those mongrels at the ramp for ya

mark

gotta say cheers again mark lol, 4am phone calls arent fun. i went to bias a bit early and actually found john crawford next door open at 7:30, so they sorted me out

Brisbane pilotage area

Locality: Brisbane River Pinkenba

Activity: Boat ramp repair

Refer to notice: none

Mariners are advised that repair works to the Kirra Street boat ramp at Pinkenba approximate

Latitude 27° 25.043'S Longitude 153° 08.377'E will commence on 1 October 2009 and continue

till 31 October 2009.

not sure what "repair" works were necessary, but a pontoon would be sweet. having to use fishermans island is gonna do my head in, who needs a 45min drive vs a 20min one

nadders wrote:

Brisbane pilotage area

Locality: Brisbane River Pinkenba

Activity: Boat ramp repair

Refer to notice: none

Mariners are advised that repair works to the Kirra Street boat ramp at Pinkenba approximate

Latitude 27° 25.043'S Longitude 153° 08.377'E will commence on 1 October 2009 and continue

till 31 October 2009.

not sure what "repair" works were necessary, but a pontoon would be sweet. having to use fishermans island is gonna do my head in, who needs a 45min drive vs a 20min one

Nice one finding that out. What about the 2 in brekky creek, it gets shallow near the mouth but you should be fine in your boat just need a decky to hold it still while you park the car, having said that I only launch there at night so traffic might be an issue during the day, i'm not sure. I hope it is a pontoon they're building but they might just be fixing up the carpark, the ramp itself was fine last time I was there. Next time you're out that way swing past in your boat and suss it out?

hey mate, i hate the brekky ck ramps just not enough room to move the car and boat around imo, ramps are slippery as and security is just as dodgy as colmslie

the ramp itself was fenced off but nothing on the carpark, and the carpark isnt blocked off at all.

no idea what they're doing but ive been using pinkenba since i got the boat in may with no issues, last time i used it was 1 day before it closed and absolutely no issues with the ramp. lol

nice sess dan..what a pain in the arse some dag stealing ya roller..low pricks! maybe someone will do something with the rego money to make leaving ya car and trailer safe whilst yas out fishing? wont hold my breath but. nice fish again mate..i'd leave them cod alone but..taste yukky..???? :laugh:

Archived