cobby passage

wittyfishin

hi all. on a recent trip with my family to jumpinpin we came across a hole of about 15m deep hole on the bend near the rocks in Cobby Passage. has any one ever fished in this hole and what did they get or what are you likely to get out of it it. i have been told this is the Jew hole is this correct.

I have fished this hole several times, it holds good sized bream, flathead, small grassy sweetlip, moses pearch and alot of pests like sting rays. I haven't seen a jew caught around there. imo the rock wall/ bar near there fishes better on top tide as it turns to run out, fish light with litle to no weight with either live yabbies or strip baits mullet, gar etc, for big bream 30cm+, especially around dusk.

on the turn of the tide is best to fish this hole with the tide running hard through there. we've got good jacks, flathead,large tarpon to 3kilo,bream and jew from there. suspend livies and fresh strip tailor etc 800mm off the bottom on a panernoster rig with it so you can go lighter sinker as the tide slows. we run 1 of these baits and definately yabbies and mullet strip the hole has a rubly rock bottom and in 1 place its 18m deep. the rest of that passage is good flathead and at the entrance to cooby passage is a large yabbie bank good for whiting

mark

Archived