STU

STU wrote:

Fished the lake last weekend for 2 sessions with a couple mates got 2 barra mine went 98cm on hollowbelly and shauns went 115cm his pb on modified slick rig.Also got a couple of hits between us and a couple catties.

Awesome fish! That's what i'm after...I'm heading up to monduran for the comp this weekend. So a modified slick rig hey...what might these "modifications" be??? :-) Any tips on colours would be real helpful. Last time i was there at easter, i got a little one on a lorikeet slick rig.

Congrats!

Nat

Brian D wrote:

Where Stu, is that heading to north arm around jacks? What was the water level? Which ramp? Many boats on the water? Water colour? Weed beds? What was the wind doing?

Oh yeah nice fish you guys?

Firstly One was caught in sth B and the other Near the big island in A. Water level is down about a meter since i was there at the start of winter the dirt ramp is still good but if it losers a couple more meters might be back to the concrete one.

Fair few boats around but it is a big place so wasnt too bad not many trolling the main basin yet but there was a few out in force at night(full moon).

still heaps of weed beds around the edges the big one at the end of the main basin still has weed but the ground and stumps are exposed again good spot(mark on gps)while out of water.wind was changing alot of directions so fish too how it changes.

those barra are just awesome. Reminds me of when we were living in darwin and the kids were little, we used to go out to howard springs and brad (straddie brad) would buy a box of pillies so the kids could feed the barra. Those barra were huge, you weren't allowed to fish there though but the kids enjoyed feeding them. brad contemplated taking a rod many times

Archived