Flathead in the Pine 07-10-09

sehrguht

Went out today with DES taking the deckie spot.

Launched around 8:30 and got to the spot fairly quickly. Put on a 4inch pumpkinseed minnow and flicked it out. Two twitches and a bit of a wind and i was on.

Didn't fight as hard as the 57 i caught in the passage a couple weeks back but was a good fish. I quickly put it against the sticker and it was around 65, couple of pics and it was swimming away.

A couple more drifts then a new spot and DES picked up a small one on a atomic prong. DES picked up 2 more after that. I missed a few hits and caught a couple trees:)

Called it quits around 1 and came home avoiding getting wet.

FLATHEAD.jpg

The pine has some really good numbers of flathead! HMMMM would I be correct to say that is inbetween deep water and the bridge? That stretch has been a proven hunting ground for me.

Haven't done a lot of flicking from the boat but land based plastics always go well.

I like to troll hbs up and down the pine a lot of old crab pots play havoc though :angry:

Well done nice fish mate :)

You got the right day Sehrguht. I went down today and fished the Pine, from Dohles rocks up to the highway bridge. The wind blew me everywhere and with my bow mount out of action, it was almost impossible to successfully work an area. Got one strike and that was it. Used various colours, and two weights, even trolled hard bodies. But nothing. Well done on the fish.

Archived