Lenthalls Extended hours Trial.

rayke1938

From fishntales site.

"Hi Guys just letting everyone know that from Monday 12 October Lake lenthall's opening hours will be 6am til 8pm

This will be on a 1 months trial basis and if everything runs OK will continue "

May have to check it out before or after mondy trip if its successful.

Cheers

Ray

The barra ate all the bass.

They will always do that. I honestly believe it's stupid to stock bass or any other fish with a slow growth rate into an impoundment stocked with barramundi. Barra have big mouths, will eat anything and grow very quickly. Bass just grow too slow and end up being barra food. I don't know of any impoundment famous for barra, that see's good catches of bass(except maybe Lenthall's).

With my holiday place at Hervey Bay up and running, I'm dying to fish Lenthall's too. My neighbour up there fishes it once a week, and was getting good barra up to 80cm a month ago. He reckon's they've gone a bit quiet over the last week, but wait 'till the first run of hot north westerlies' and it'll be on again. I would've fished it sooner except for the two stroke engine I've got bolted to my transom. Guess it'll have to be a bank mission or get myself a yak.

just had a look at the lakes website and it seems an exemption for outboards upto 6hp exist until january 2010. I think I'll leave the yak at home and take the boat up instead. I planned on hitting Monduran then the Burrum River, but am now thinking of saving myself the extra drive and just concentrating on this area with the boat.

Archived