Are these allowed there?

apoklyps60

they work awesome. your guys mud crabs are very similar to our dungeness crabs. we fill these traps with squid the cast em out. the secret to em is when you set the hook you must immediately start reeling. the trap will surface with crabs legs caught in the nooses. when i move ill bring a couple of them with me so i can copy the design and make em there.

it depends we catch red rock crabs with them also. how hardy are your mud crabs. it doesnt pull the legs off it just snares em in a noose. i can pick up any of our crabs with their legs and they dont pop off. so basically you cant pick your mudcrabs up by their legs? not trying to start a fight. i just dont know. never seen a mudcrab in person or held one

They look interesting, certainly a good option for Mexico where you are only allowed one crab pot, and some waters crab pots are prohibited. Particularly with Dillies disappearing a few months as well!

Might be just the sort of secret weapon we need to nullify the greenies.

jeff f wrote:

hey vin what are the crabs you are catching like

slow and docile and easy to handle

or something like our muddies, powerfull fast and agro. a keeper (6 inch across the shell) can break bones if they get hold of you

our cant break bones. but they sure as heck arent docile jeff. they will bruise u very quickly. i tend to grab the 2 back legs. ive caught females 9 inches across the shell(threw them back tho) my biggest male was 8.5 inches(tasty. they can get pretty big(keepers have to be 6.25 inches) in order to get the biguns you have to know what the heck your doin. people at pacifica(pier) over fish that place. so you dont get the 8 unchers often. the place i go to you need a 13 foot surf rod cast it out about 50-60 meters. and its on like donkey kong.

Archived