passage creeks

nadders

I don't know where the satellite pics come from in beacon to beacon but I suspect they are fairly old. The trouble is that the mud, sand and weed beds move around those creeks almost with every wind change so what was a great fishing spot a few months ago may have disappeared by now. The good news is that the water is crystal clear up there at present so you should be able to see the bottom before you hit it!

nadders wrote:

just wondering if anyone has noticed any shortcomings with beacon 2 beacon charts around the passage creeks, i.e are teh depths and obstructions accurate

if not, got any hot tips for hazards and groundings around coochin, bells and the others?

cheers

Dan

dan get a kayak. :laugh: dont have to worry bout hazards. just dont dangle ur feet over the sides(seal look alike)

hay dan if ya get stuck up there and decide to go into the passage itself give me a call and i'll put you onto a spot that's good for grassy sweetlip. mainly undersized but you do get a few keepers. good spot for a few flatties and whiting nearby..it's not far from where i told ya about the big lizards and jacks but i have fished this spot..there's a ledge in the same area where ya get a few mixed fish and a muddy if ya lucky.

Tiny Tin wrote:

hay dan if ya get stuck up there and decide to go into the passage itself give me a call and i'll put you onto a spot that's good for grassy sweetlip. mainly undersized but you do get a few keepers. good spot for a few flatties and whiting nearby..it's not far from where i told ya about the big lizards and jacks but i have fished this spot..there's a ledge in the same area where ya get a few mixed fish and a muddy if ya lucky.

you know the mark out from pac harbour??

not the ripples..it's a spot a fair way north of there..to my knowledge no one fishes it for sweetlip..i stopped to try for some whiting one day and hit a steady stream of grassies..even took me daughter there and she got ito em too. good area if one isn't working the other will be get good grunter there too. good whiting bank just inside the pacific harbour where it meets the passage 100m on the right as you travel in. there used to be a bend a bit further up that was great for cod and muddies..gone now..channel to the proposed marina. shit i might move back there lol

i can say for sure that you wont get up bell's creek if it's near low tide, unless you have a lite boat that you can drag along the sand bank. coochin is ok depending on where you launch boat. the mouth of coochin creek is shallow and rocky in places at low tide.

cheers.

Archived