Borumba 16-18 October

tomca

My truly beloved is off to Sydney for a long weekend, so I decided to have one too.

Heading up to Borumba on Friday in time for an afternoon fish, and camping below the wall. Plan is to return Sunday night. Still tossing up whether to take the kayak at this stage, but will take the boat. I want to get a monster toga on fly. Hopefully the toga will be back on the job, otherwise it'll be bass and redclaw time.

Mate

I was up there two weekends ago and I pulled a few baby bass along the rock wall left off the boat ramp early in the morning. There is a small bay with some serious weedbeds that loo very fishy and I was fishing next to a couple who where braining it! Two decent sized Togas and three bass in about half an hour.

Some dude fishing out of a pro set up told me that the far end of the dam up in the sticks is the best at the mo, metal vibes are the way to go.

Good luck

BATTY

keen-as-fisho is already up there, and I am packing my gear now. Hopefully he has been giving the toga a good touch up.

Anyone up there on the weekend, if you see a lil twin hull boat or a centre console blue fin say g'day.

Hopefully we have a worthy trip report Sunday night for ya's

Archived