Suggestions for upper reaches of Albert River

mcolen

After much reading of threads time to ask a question.

Still a little while away but heading down to stay south of Beaudesert on the very upper reaches of the Albert River. I've been told by the owner that it is good fishing for bass in the area. Does anyone have experience of fishing these waters?

Given that the last time I fished for freshwater fish it was for bass of some sort in Lake Naivasha in Kenya over 15 years ago I need suggestions for lures etc. I'm use to fishing for flathead with sps and hbs but not sure what type of lures would be good for bass in this part of the world. Any ideas?

thanks

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Mr FeLiX wrote:

Um, where is this exactley folks? I live in jimboomba not far from both the albert and logan rivers, and have heard tales of bass... Truth?

Might be heading in that direction on Friday, happy to show you some of the waters...

Bass closed season midnight 31st May till midnight 31st August exept in impoundments listed.

Here is the link to DPI&f website with the list of waters you can target Bass in closed season. www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_3030.htm It is prohibited to target Bass in closed season anywhere else though this does not stop some people.Some even post reports and pics of themselves doing it.

if you can get your self to tackle warehouse cleveland rd they have prial pencils for 9.95 very good value ssurface lure and pretty much a dead ringer of the sammy65! i have caught all my bass on the prials of late including the lower reaches of the albert.

wesfish wrote:

if you can get your self to tackle warehouse cleveland rd they have prial pencils for 9.95 very good value ssurface lure and pretty much a dead ringer of the sammy65! i have caught all my bass on the prials of late including the lower reaches of the albert.

also sold at the tackle shop on Gympie rd Carsledine, i too have used these, a little heavier but i've found them producing equal results compared to the sammy 65 which is double the price.

adam

Archived