Tingalpa Creek Sunday

Old Scaley

Planning on chasing a few whiting around the mouth of Tingalpa Ck on Sunday. Ideally leave on the low tide, pump some yabbies and fish the tide in. Anyone know if the ramp there is ok at low tide? I have only put in when there on half tide or better and it looks like you might run out of ramp at low tide. Not driving a 4x4, just a falcon. Thanks, Steve

Hey Ugly (no offence). I put in at the mouth, there is a ramp there on the southern side that seems to be ok at all tides, plenty of parking etc. Be careful on low tide to go out on the same line as the ramp as there are some rocks on the downstream side of the ramp that you can't see at low tide. There is a rock bar just upstream from the road bridge crossing (I think it is Ricketts Road) on the northern side of the creek. Very shallow at low tide, but still hard to see. Could be good with a bit of water over it on the high tide in simmer? I am sure Mark knows this creek much better than me so he might see this post now it is up front.

Cheers

Steve

the ramp at the end of thornside rd in thornside is new and good for the larger boats now. the 2 red bouys mark a hidden rock bar straight out from the ramp then move upstream and between the train bridge and the road bridge is another large rock bar that exposes at low tide but is hidden at high it has a hole upstream of the rocks. then upstream of the road bridge on the next creeks bend is another rock bar that has a big deep hole upstream its the deepest of the hole creek but be careful going under the road bridge as its built on a rock bar, don't go through the middle span. becareful upstream of the road bridge all the way to the next corner at big low tides as it's very shallow and also full of rocks. rule of thumb for this creek go steady till you learn it hope this helps , these rock bars must cause strong eddies behind them for them all to have deep holes imediately upstream

mark

Old Scaley wrote:

Hey Ugly (no offence). I put in at the mouth, there is a ramp there on the southern side that seems to be ok at all tides, plenty of parking etc. Be careful on low tide to go out on the same line as the ramp as there are some rocks on the downstream side of the ramp that you can't see at low tide. There is a rock bar just upstream from the road bridge crossing (I think it is Ricketts Road) on the northern side of the creek. Very shallow at low tide, but still hard to see. Could be good with a bit of water over it on the high tide in simmer? I am sure Mark knows this creek much better than me so he might see this post now it is up front.

Cheers

Steve

None taken mate

Archived