Stupidity raises it ugly head yet again!

uglyfish

Went down to colmslie ramp Saturday to put me boat in for a bit of crabbing,got there and waited for a spot to go down the ramp.Finally got down the ramp and this wanker was parked on the ramp with boat on trailer cleaning fish.I said to him mate your holding up the ramp and how friggen stupid it was to be claning fish ( 2 nice big threadies) on a ramp. Harsh words were exchanged and even a threat to cut me but I stuck to me guns and told him to piss off and free up the ramp and clean his fish on the table provided on the other jetty and to stop being an inconsiderant prick.With that he proceeds to tell me I should have told him I was waiting to use the ramp :angry: and he would of shifted, mean while there's 2 other people waiting to trailer there boats. Damn sick if these tossers there every where and there getting bloody worse!

:angry::angry:

don't worry ugly... I had it worse this weekend. Some d!ckhead side swiped my car and left another persons business card in my window coz there would have been witnesses to it infront of the cafe... too bad I didn't see it till I got home....

anyone got a spare drivers side fender for an s2000???

Yeah this type of thing seems to be rife! I was pretty hungover and eating Macca's at the Jindalee boat ramp one Sunday morning. This big bikie looking bloke who runs the Boat Licence training pulls up on his sweet 6m centre console and ties it up to go and get his trailer. Some young dick heads that were hooning and making a neusence of themselves in a small tinnie tied up to the jetty but left the rope to long and their motor was banging into the side of boat scratching it to all hell!

The big fella rightly so had some harsh words for these young chaps and rather just apologise and get their boat it was on like donkey kong!

I am getting my boat next week and being a newbie I will be watching out for idiots like this!

Batty

what a wally. so he threatend to knife you when you asked him to move.that fallas lucky he said it to you and not me as I would have leashed out with that many lefts he would be begin for a right. good on you for standing your ground and handling it the way you did uglyfish. theres a big differance between inconciderate boat ramp behavior and taking your time at the ramp because your a cautious boatie

Do$tylz wrote:

don't worry ugly... I had it worse this weekend. Some d!ckhead side swiped my car and left another persons business card in my window coz there would have been witnesses to it infront of the cafe... too bad I didn't see it till I got home....

try the wreckers, I fixed my door and front guard for $50.00.

They usually just bolt on an off, same with panels.

cheers

mick fillet wrote:

what a wally. so he threatend to knife you when you asked him to move.that fallas lucky he said it to you and not me as I would have leashed out with that many lefts he would be begin for a right. good on you for standing your ground and handling it the way you did uglyfish. theres a big differance between inconciderate boat ramp behavior and taking your time at the ramp because your a cautious boatie

ha ha ha trust me mick if he came at me he would of ended up eating them fish threw a straw cos his jaw woulda been wired

The lifesavers had taken over the colmslie ramp this morning. Had to wait for the to have a gee up chitchat then they launched and tied their boat up to the ramp with the 12 foot oars sticking out over the ramp. on one side ans blocking the second lane of the ramp.

Some people just dont think and are only concerned with themselves.

Cheers

Ray

I am glad I only use the ramps on weekdays, and get my weekend fix via a kayak.

I did have a bloke park about 2cm off the back of my truck a while ago and no way out so I just popped it in reverse and gently bulldozed him out of the way enough to get out. I was an inconsiderate prick and never left my details either.

If it was an s2000 I coulda just climbed the back wheels over it :dry:

Bad luck there Henry, hope your excess isn't too steep for insurance

I hate pricks that park in the trailer parks at deep water! They have a whole carpark close to the dunny and bbq yet they park in the boaties spot, shits me to tears and parking in the rigging zone making it heaps hard to reverse out of your park.

Doesn't seem to be any enforcement of any kind what soever Not to mention people fishing of the mooring pontoon ARRHHHHHHHH want to stab someone :angry:

pulled up to fishermans island ramp. two boats parked at the bottom. got out the water and said you gonna be long? they looked at me lost for words (both asians). as it happened they were waiting for one bloke to hook his lights up to the trailer..them over the back on a board jobbies. once he had it hooked up both cars pulled the boats off the ramp.wtf. i jumped in the car got the boat on and as i was about to drive up the ramp another dick head drives up to the top of the ramp and aims his lights right in my eyes.. i shouted what ya doing ya F#####g nob head. drove past him only to see...POLICE on the side of a cruiser..oh shite. anyway i drove a fair way from him and he got back in the car reversed up to me (us) and says..water police can i see ya life jackets..lol then he went..just getting his own back i guess.. :P

Two weeks ago at Scarbough there were four PWCs linned up nice and pretty across the ramp as I set up to back down the ramp. When it was clear that they had no intenchion of moveing to one side I just started backing down with no thought of stopping for the pretty little jet skies they soon saw the need to hurry the f@#* up and get out of thw way ;)

rayke1938 wrote:

The lifesavers had taken over the colmslie ramp this morning. Had to wait for the to have a gee up chitchat then they launched and tied their boat up to the ramp with the 12 foot oars sticking out over the ramp. on one side ans blocking the second lane of the ramp.

Some people just dont think and are only concerned with themselves.

Cheers

Ray

i to have encountered these rowers (lifeguards) or wateva they are at colmslie...line their boats up on the bottom of the ramp blocking both lanes and then some "bloke" was holding a meeting with the rowers at the bottom of the ramp geein them up for a good rowing session!!!haha...he turned around a couple of times and lookedup the ramp at me just glaring at him but didnt seem to phase him....i just held my tounge!

nadders wrote:

i havent had any boatramp knob head encounters recently unless you count the d'bag that stole my roller while i was out fishing....

or the d'bags who decided to fence off the pinkenba ramp for "repairs" :)

Yeah whats the go with that i wonder??The bloody things only new,maybe there putting in a pontoon in????doubt it

Good onya Azza, I would have done the same to the lifesavers Ray had problems with at Comslie, got no respect for those little beach brownshirts! Got more tickets on themselves than golden casket! They often leave their gear there taking up trailer parking spots as well.

fishing_hardcore wrote:

This thread was about assholes...lifeguards do actually save lives (they are not assholes), and I think we should just grin and bear their f#$ked up boats.

cheers

No excuse for not having any consideration for others and at least they could have moved their boats to end of ramp when they had launched.When I launched i had to use the upstream side of ramp then hop in boat drive it to end of ramp tie up and then had to hop over 8 sets of oars sitting 2 feet above pontoon then hop back in car and park it.

Cheers

Ray

i agree ray it doesn't matter if your a saint, lifesaver or the pope the point is to have consideration for other users of the ramp. i struck this guy in january who backed his boat down the ramp with a tarp over the lot he then started to take it off on the ramp along with loading everything out of the car into the boat. nothing was in the boat to start with along with safety gear i then politly tried telling him it was not the done thing that you rigged the boat on the roadside. this same fella then abused me with all sorts of nasty words after i was very polite and calm. this changed my attitude instantly and i ended up telling him how close he was to getting his block knocked off and by the way there were 5 other boaties cheering me on then his wife stepped in and clipped him for me. it enede up being so funny with this bloke dropping his head and going real quite

mark

You only have to observe any public boat ramp on the weekend, my favourite being Jacobs Well!

They have done a heap of improvemements there recently and installed rigging areas, de rigging areas etc, but people still feel they just have the right to park whereever they want and do what ever they want.

I love to get off the water, tie down and then grab an icecream and watch the world go by for a while and invariably some knob will park me in and start to unload 3 kids, 2 friends, 4 tow toys, 1 esky, 0 fish, 1 sunburnt wife and 103 stubbies that are empty.

Its about then when he has all his goods and chattels spread across the carpark I politely ask him to move so I can go home and indicate there is masses of parking 30m further up the carpark!

rayke1938 wrote:

fishing_hardcore wrote:
This thread was about assholes...lifeguards do actually save lives (they are not assholes), and I think we should just grin and bear their f#$ked up boats.

cheers

No excuse for not having any consideration for others and at least they could have moved their boats to end of ramp when they had launched.When I launched i had to use the upstream side of ramp then hop in boat drive it to end of ramp tie up and then had to hop over 8 sets of oars sitting 2 feet above pontoon then hop back in car and park it.

Cheers

Ray

good point Ray. there are a lot of boaties who r doctors, ambos, firemen etc. who all save lives. there arent any special rules for them, so there definately isnt for lifesavers. it's just a case of people being inconsiderate.

Also it annoyes when people take up both lanes on a double ramp. learn to reverse at home before doing it down the ramp, or pratise when no-ne else is there.

my vent....feel much beta now..time for a beer!

Do$tylz wrote:

Henry,

A fella I know had a classic car which was parked in a shopping centre.He returned to see the whole side of his car had been backed into.Peeved as,he began swearing until he noticed a piece of paper on his windshield wiper.He opened the paper which read similar to as follows

"I have 3 witnesses to this accident so I have grabbed a piece of paper to place on your car.They have all seen me take my licence out of my wallet and presumably write my details on this paper for you and as such have gone about their shopping without any doubts.You and I know better.I'm sorry but I am uninsured so S&^%t happpens."

Needless to say his blood boiled pretty quickly and faced a hefty excess and couldn't do anything about it.Poor bugger.One of the worst things I had heard of being done to someone.This happened about 5 years ago.

Hulk

Note to self, knock off some of the A hole at works business cards......

But fair dinkum that's why I have insurance, they can worry about chasing who ever did it. Happy to pay the excess rather than have to chase some tosser and his reluctant insurance company.

Booty you only have to report accidents, if its deliberate its not an accident ;)

bootyinblue wrote:

Only had a report this week where that happened and the 'good samaratin' put a business card under the windscreen of the car he reversed into.

Only thing was, it wasnt his card....

Booty, that is exactly what happened to me. :(

whoever it was put the business card of another persons in my window. I wish they could be caught so that they could be done with hit and run ... and hopefully fraud as well.

Archived