Coomera lake 13/10

Keen-as-fisho

Off to an early start this morning, on the water for 4:30 (surpringly warm, but cold water temp :angry: ) Off to a good start at 6am with a 25cm trevally followed by a nice 35cm model (lunch :P ) on the troll. I had a good laugh when a herring decided that it liked the look of my 1/2 tt gold blade! :laugh: Apart from those three there were no others landed, plenty of good strikes however. I am very happy with my new electric and depth sounder, but not the transducer mount, sellys all clear is SH!T, its been 4 days since I glued the bloody thing and its still very fresh. So out with that idea.

trevally25cmcoomera.jpg

trevally35cmcoomera.jpg

Beer battered, with an extra six pack :P

herring.jpg

Nice. The lake has been on my to do list for a while, just had some business to take care of ;)

Those little trevs must be a lot of fun on light line B)

Are you in a yak or a canoe? I had dramas getting my transducer to stick in my yak hull at first, just using a generic looking silicone that we had at home. Second time round I gave the area I was sticking it a clean with metho, then washed with water and dried. Then a very light sand (and maybe on the transducer to?) and then she hasn't budged since.

In a kak mate. The problem isn't that its not sticking, I sanded first then cleaned lightly with asetone let it sit then wiped again with clean cloth, the all clear just doesn't dry. I had it sitting it the sun for four days, to top it off :angry: . I might use some clear silicone out of the ute instead, it'll dry in a few hours, its not a hundred percent clear will this effect it?

hmmm...some of us had to work today. :(

was doing a bit of reconaissance of a couple of spots up Gympie way. Some nice creeks up that way that look very fishy

The allclear will cure in the next 20 years or so if you used a crapload. If it hasn't moved, leave it alone. The only important thing is that there are no airbubbles in the blob you pressed the tranny into.

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

The only reason its got a wire trace is for quick change of lures, I haven't learn't how to do a lure loop knot yet.

For light line a Uni knot is hard to beat. Just google it, it is very simple to tie.

If I am going to be changing lures a lot I use a Decoy egg snap.

mongrel jack wrote:

Use a fly clip, available in packs of about 10 at BCF - they make life easy. Congrats on the fish, I too had a fish there this morning and am about to post a report. I was in the blue viking with paddle power. :P

I was wondering if you where part of AFO. I didn't wanna get in your way, that particular spot holds a lot of bream and was part of my last sesion. That place has become one of my top 5 spots.

• 2 weeks later...

yep wire trace type deal will ensure you get a few less bites, if you can do a uni knot you can do a loop knot. how annoying are those herring on the blades? sure do like eating metal lures as big as themselves. they do make a good livey, if youre into that sort of thing. may sound like a dumb question, but where is the coomera lake? do you mean the deep bend that is part of the river itself in the uppermost tidal reach? im there often i will say hi if i see ya

Archived