Where to get fibreglass? Best type of trailer?

madtazz

11102009001_AFO.jpg Well The project is now sitting on the front lawn and I will be doing some re-glassing. Does any one know where the best place in brissie to get glass supplies from? had plenty of contacts when I was in Vic but no idea up here?

Also looking at making the trailer up from scratch so that it suits the boat rather than modifying an existing one and inheriting the problems that may come with it.

Looking to do all repairs myself keeping costs to a minimum so that when the time comes for the motor the money is there. My opinion is that more money on the motor would be good as I dont want to have to dig out the oars!! :woohoo:

that looks like a fun project you got there.she will look fantastic done up with a new lick of colour. Try fibreglass polish on a buffer to clear up the wind screen,good luck with the project,look forward to the regular updates on the progress.

BOAT= B -bring

O -out

A -another

T -thousand

:laugh: :laugh: aint this the truth!!

I am looking at using 2 x 6mm alloy plates for the transom. Is there any guide as to the thicknes required for 70 - 90 hp outboard?? will have the grinder out next week to start the cutting process.. any suggestions as to cutting from the inside of the boat or outside when replacing the transom?

Thanks heaps guys

Archived