what would you do if they jumped this close to you

apoklyps60

no problem:

Horizons West surf shop owner/photog Randy Wright snapped this sequence of a white shark breaching about 300 yards off Sunset Blvd in LA on Saturday, October 3rd. "I'd heard about the one that breached on Friday, so I got up and paddled out at dawn on Saturday," Wright explained. "You don't see a fin cruising or anything -- all of a sudden you hear a 'WHOOOOSH', and there's this thing, falling back to the water. I just caught it out of the corner of my eye, and fortunately, they jump high enough -- 5-8 feet -- so you can snap a picture on the way back down."

pictures of a great white jumping approximately 50-100 meters away from his kayak.

apoklyps60 wrote:

ellicat wrote:
I had one jump in the boat at Breaky Creek one night. Probably chasing bonefish. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Awesome shots

you have great whites in your creeks?

vin

ha ha no just bullsharks

but back in the late 80s there was a 15' white came into tallebudgera creek

a bloke killed it with a powerhead and speargun from up on the bridge

then all the spectators helped drag it onto the sand bar

got a front page write up in the goldcoast bulletin

apoklyps60 wrote:

no problem:

Horizons West surf shop owner/photog Randy Wright snapped this sequence of a white shark breaching about 300 yards off Sunset Blvd in LA on Saturday, October 3rd. "I'd heard about the one that breached on Friday, so I got up and paddled out at dawn on Saturday," Wright explained. "You don't see a fin cruising or anything -- all of a sudden you hear a 'WHOOOOSH', and there's this thing, falling back to the water. I just caught it out of the corner of my eye, and fortunately, they jump high enough -- 5-8 feet -- so you can snap a picture on the way back down."

pictures of a great white jumping approximately 50-100 meters away from his kayak.

cheers mate, sounds awsome, I'll be checking that out as soon as my BB comes on again.

I have seen them on tv breaching the surface chasing seals in south africa, but why are these ones breaching?

apoklyps60 wrote:

ellicat wrote:
No mate, just having a laugh at some of the more questionable posts on here lately. ;)

i dont know it looked quite real to me actually. hmm. ok found the news article.

/>http://www.smdp.com/Gallery-1852.113116-2899.113116_FLYING_HIGH.html

Sorry, I meant no inference to your thread. :blush:

Looks real to me too.

no worries bother. were all fisherman and ladies here. so we all love hearing the stories. no matter how far fetched they can be. but i was really lookin at those pics thinking i was fooled. :laugh:

and yoyo. if i knew i hooked one id be cutting the line. :ohmy:

im with you hooked. id be fishing the estuary if i knew that was swimming around. :blink:

also read a surfer got a chunk bitten from him at san onofre. and the surfers knew of the GW sightings!! surfers :unsure: go figure

Archived