Help stop the mongrel

uglyfish

18 ft netting boat looks more like a punt and has been custom made. business must be doin realy well for him cause last I saw he had a new etec on it probably a jet propulsion style leg. the motor is mounted in the middle of the boat in a cut out modified motor well i supose you would call it. The transom has a big roller on top of it full width of the transom which the nets run out on. the boat is set up for fast speed ring netting though I reckon he still uses set nets as well. and if any one has ever been to the upper coomera and seen about 10-15 green ball floats through out the river there the pros pots. havent seen the floats for ages but Iam not down the river every night nether.

I dont know the rego of boat or car but I will take a note of it next i see him.

I have talked to the bloke a few times last I spoke to him (seems like ages ago when wes and I were bream fishing on the dark moon) he got a great hual of mullet, barra a jew he said that he cant off load the barra which makes me think he might have a licence to net but only for mullet

Ive seen him up there about a year ago. he times his run for high tide on new moons, and was netting at the spillway above sea eagle lagoon around 10-11pm. I assumed he had a licence for mullet, as Ive seen other pros in the lower coomera area working mullet.Too dark for rego numbers, but it was the same long low punt boat with a big fluro lite rigged up. i was the only trailer at the lagoon ramp, so he must be putting in at M1 or further down. Ive seen pros putting in at Paradise Pt ramp on occaisions, but they usually work the broadwater.

Andrew

I to have seen him on several occasions over the years, as Andrew said he comes up the river late at night and fishes the lake area. I should be getting down there a bit over the next 4 months or so, so I'll keep the eyes out. Are you sure what he's doing is unlawful??????

Ps. I wouldn't break a leg getting there to snare a barra, if they are there it'd be a once in a lifetime catch.

Dids

Archived