Coomera, Pimpama and Nerang Rivers

lethalsaints

Hey Mate,

Are you landbased or in a boat? If your in a boat I suggest you drift with the current on a falling tide about 30m (or casting distance) away from the bank (any bank really) and cast 4 inch gulp minnows at the bank and jig them back along the bottom.. Flathead are quite an easy species to catch and can be found practically anywhere although drop offs and sand/mud flats are best.. Drifting is a great way to cover more ground. I guarantee if you do this for acouple of hours you will pick up a flathead or two.. Cant guarantee the size but hey thats fishing..

Best of luck

Chris

If on foot try Pool st Hope Harbour.

Fished there last week with Plastics and managed 2 flathead in around 2 hours.

One went around the 50cm mark the other a bit smaller around the 40cm.

Fish the falling tide and you will see drain in the rock wall. This is where I picked up the biggest one.

fard12 wrote:

If on foot try Pool st Hope Harbour.

Fished there last week with Plastics and managed 2 flathead in around 2 hours.

One went around the 50cm mark the other a bit smaller around the 40cm.

Fish the falling tide and you will see drain in the rock wall. This is where I picked up the biggest one.

Picked up a few good lizzards in this same spot! 3 inch gulp minnows seemed to be working the best, new penny and nuke chook got a small trev in a switchblade too Most sucesfull trip i have had in ages lol!

lethalsaints wrote:

How long does it take from m1 bridge (roughly) to get to the lake??

depends if you still have a good condition prop by the time you go over the shoals ;) high tide is ok , but low can be tricky! there are all so a few rock bars and shallow gravel patches around goose island!

• 2 weeks later...

Hope island has served me well for flathead and trevs, although most flats are a bit shy of the legal limit. Fish the small beach in front of the island, and walk with the current allowing the bait to bounce on the bottom. best baits are small live mullet, biddys or herring, or if using frozen bait try small whitebait or pillies.

Good luck on your next outing

Archived