Albert River 12/3

rayke1938

Went to Albert today with Graham and John and didnt do very well.

Launched at Skinners Park. Threw cast net just off ramp got one 25cm bream and a pile of herring - no poddys or boneys.

Went to Albert and first tried just above Eagelby ramp where the trawlers are moored. Sat there for over an hour and not even a catfish and only herring in cast net.

Went upstream and found a bit of a deep channel on a bend and anchored up again.

Still nothing in the cast net and at least a few catfish to keep us amused.

About 9.30 Graham got the only shark for the day , a bully around 77cm

Around 10.30 decided to explore upstream and noticed a few prawns jumping.

They wernt very thick and took over an hour to get a kilo before I snagged my castnet and ripped a couple of 3ft holes in it so I got the tom tits and called it a day as it was very hot.

Cooled down a bit blasting along the river at 65kph. Found out that the hydrofield leans out on a corner which is a bit disconcerting till you get used to it.

Back home for a few cold homeys at 1pm.

Had to give the prawns away as my gout is playing up so next time back to Kooka Park.

Ray

as per normal I have asked Feral to post the photos.

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/03/12 19:59

65 kph - when are you going to open it up?:woohoo:

I don't think you went far enough and a bit late. You certianly went fast enough. I was near the M1 bridge - past the other Eagelby ramp (Ramu Street), behind he cadets. Anyway the sharks will be gone very soon - like this week or next.

What about the turning - did you get used to it and is it normal for that shape hull?

Archived