My fishing weekend 17-18 Oct

Do$tylz

Hey all,

So instead of creating 2 threads, I thought I'd just condense my weekend into 1 :)

Saturday

Up at 4am and leave the missus in bed to go and get in a boat with Benno and Jeff F :huh::P:lol:

Drive to the ramp from Benno's house and meet Jeff F there. Amazing... he only brought 2 rods :D Launch at fishermans island ramp and head out. The tide was ripping through under the bridge just off the ramp, but made it past that and headed to mud. Started off sounding out for patches to fish in hopes of snaps, grassys or anything like that.... we got nothing.... maybe a couple of small ones.

In frustration of the wind we headed off to another corner of mud maybe a km away and started there. I scored a 34.5cm snapper on a 3" gulp shrimp :) sent him back in the drink. Here we kept feeding the small fish and finally Jeff F caught a legal snap.... can't remember how big it was... I also caught a good sized diver whiting on 3" gulp worm :)

Went quiet there so we headed back to the original spot for nothing...

Then figured we'd try finesse bream/flattie fishing right up against the island, but had a quick stop at one of the shallow markers on the way in and cast netted up a school of hardiheads.

Worked 1 side of mud and got Benno onto his very first bream on plastics and it was a keeper at 32 to the tip :) A few more hits and follows but no hook ups.

Went back again to the original spot and anchored up for a fish. I was fishing a 3" worm again when hit hit hit... strike..snap :( my daiwa team zero rod snapped in half... keep winding in and its another good sized diver whiting... but dammit I snapped my rod.

Nothing happening so I had a sneaky sleep at the front of Bens boat, called it quits at ~230pm. Drove back in and the guys gave me some tips on boating and general spots around the mouth of the river in prep for my new boat :)

Boat cleaned and back at Bens by ~4pm. Took him for a spin in my car and let him have a crack at it too. Ben found out how fun 9000rpms can be.

Sunday

Up at 615 and out of the house by 645 with the missus in tow to meet up with BigTez for the maiden voyage/handover/schooling on what was his last trip on his boat, and my first on my boat :P

Launch at Deep Water Bend by 8am and I get to drive the boat to our fishing spot as we discuss how to drive a boat :) story short... crap fishing. A few trees and roots caught by Terry, the missus and me had us only fish for maybe an hour before it was lessons on the boat again :)

short lesson on the sounder, whats under the hatches, how to work the livewells etc we were all done. I got to drive the boat up to the pontoon (first time i've ever done a boat park) and it was perfect if I may say so myself :)

Get the boat onto the trailer and a medium drive back to my place and BigTez is greeted by half of my zoo at home :D Some awesome maneuvering by Tez and the boat is reversed up the driveway for a quick wash and then put into the garage. Dollars, paperwork and a handshake exchanged, Terry is now boatless and I'm on a boat muthaf***r :)

Weekend over :D

sorry if there's engrish in the above... too lazy to re-read and fix up.

haha.. nah man... I'm not putting a towbar on my car... it'll have to be on the pimp "93 tarago... hahahahaha

Kriso... man... the river is gonna cop a pounding from me... once i get my license and towbar sorted :P but we can go whenever I have the time... just got a busy month and a half ahead of me with weekend work.

Do$tylz wrote:

i'm on a boat!!

drinking a coffee on the boat with the missus in my garage :laugh: excited much?? 18102009238_AFO.jpg

Hahaha is this when I spoke to you?

Funny convo.

Angus: "Hey man have you got your boat yet"?

Henry: "Yeah mate, sitting in it in the garage with Billi having a coffe".

Angus: " :blink: "

Well done mate.

So was Billi a fast convert?

Angus

hahaha.. yep Angus... that was pretty much 2minutes after I spoke to you... yeah Billi loved it. She was a bit grumpy on the boat coz she was tired and sleepy, but she did enjoy being on the water.

Tez - haha.. man was considering it... but pretty much sat in the boat in the garage for maybe 40min after you left.

Do$tylz wrote:

haha.. nah man... I'm not putting a towbar on my car... it'll have to be on the pimp "93 tarago... hahahahaha

Kriso... man... the river is gonna cop a pounding from me... once i get my license and towbar sorted :P but we can go whenever I have the time... just got a busy month and a half ahead of me with weekend work.

damnit henry. i got excited when i saw the other guy's post .. i'm in the market for an S2000 henry.. hehe. love the look of the Ultimate Edition, but i dont think there's any way i can bring it in.

hehe. congrats on buying the boat man. I bought a tinnie a month and a half ago, but havent had time to get around to even outfitting it Lol.. drop by sometime man. new supra coming in end of nov hopefully!

Tomca - haha.. yeah we were on the water in the morning..but had the time to just chill out when it was in the garage. Toga :) sounds good... but it'll have to wait... i reckon a tow out to peel will come first :)

Tacklebox - yeah and I forgot..Jeff F re-broke his egrell... :(

Adambris - yeah man... sux a big fat ****. Copped that one last weekend.

Des - :)

Azza - another thousand?? thousand fish??

Trav - man the next and only decal is a couple of AFO stickers... if we ever get them done.

Mac - dude... so much better... :) but also almost the same stealth mode...

Kiara - yeah the Jap spec S's are pretty nice. But meh... the Aus ones are ok. Just get a cheap one and put in a Mase bolt on kit... 400hp atw :D thats straight bolt on with pre-tune. Cheers man :) yeah will have to catch uip.. just been so damn busy.... and its getting worse for the month.

yoyo - haha... sweet man.. too bad I'm bloody not..heading to Melbourne for work

Do$tylz wrote:

^^haha.. power cars and sideways doesn't get along with Kiara..lol

hahahah. dont worry henry, i've come a loong way since that stupid incident at the beginning of the year man. hehehhe.. had some other bits and pieces taken off and put on as well, so yea, totally different car when it comes to handling now. hehehe.

btw, i've bought over a workshop recently man, so yea. you can bring your car round anytime if you want ^_^

henry - thanks for letting me lose in the black beast. loved it. 9000rpm is addictive that's for sure.

thanks for the day out and for letting me be the only person on board who DIDN'T break a rod. good to have you on board - even though you DO snore. happy to help you with all boating stuff when you get yours up and running. I have a towbar, licence (which means you can drive all day no dramas as long as i am "skipper" - no "L" plates required) and all those essential bits.

and TB - kreel doesn't just break them, he throws them overboard too!!!!

Archived