Fishing and crabbing, cleveland - redland bay

badboygibbo

I hardly ever get to go out on my tinnie anymore because of always being busy and no knowledge of locations to fish. I have tried alot around eprapah creek and the mouth until that went to green zones. Also I have given coochie and kasim island a few cracks with good reults at times but they steadily have gotten worse!

I have been given some gps marks to try to point me in the right direction but thats not too good when i don't own a gps. :P

If possible, could somebody please point us in the right direction for a fishing spot from redland bay to cleveland. I don't want any secret spots just a bit on info on a general area.

I'm happy to target anything as long as my tinnie (5hp) can reach there.

I also have crab pots and would like to put them out.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Any of the sand flats are good for flatties. I have been told of a rock patch in front of the strabroke ferry landing at cleveland, about two hundred metres from the ferries that produces good squire, grassy sweetlip and the occassional parrot. Just after sunset and quietly drifting over the patch as its only three or four foot deep. Also is Eperah creek entirely a green zone?

The rock patch you are speaking of, I think i have fished before and caught a few good bream. Also on those banks further up either side of the channel we've caught numerous snapper, bream, tailor and the sharks/rays. Everytime we have tried since we've got worse and worse results. The bait all the fish were caught on was squid.

Eprapah creek itself is not green zoned however out the mouth into the bay is and that is where we used to do the majority of our fishing.

It would be nice to get onto a few flatties and drift baiting seems to be the way to do this. I've never really tried drifting properly before so is there special rigs/baits to use and how do I set the boat to drift?

Thanks

Paul

Archived