alloy boats worth a look

chandler130

hey folks are looking at buying a new fishing tinnie around the 4.5 4.8 mark so far i have been lookin at blue finbarracuda,475 topender and maybe stacer 479 nomad. i want the tinnie to have a pod as i dive aswell as fish. just wondering if there any other brands worth a look. tryin to get a good balance for eastarie and bit off shore. peace

hey mate not sure if they have pods on there boast but i would take a look at the aquamaster range the missus and i spent ages looking at boats and eventually settled on an aquamaster due to their construction and value for money. we brought ours 6 months ago and love and you can even go to the shop they build them and i am pretty sure you customise it to what you want.

malcolm well worth the investment we feel.

ours is called a 420 abalone but it really measures around the 440 mark it has high sides, im 6' and the sides are up to my needs and they have a very wide beam on them. we looked at a second hand 5m quinnie for the same money but the aquamasters are a pressed plate boat and i think they have 4mm bottom and 3mm sides it also has a step on the back and grab rail. we have fished 3 adults in it and had no problems. it also handles very well and goes great with a 40 Etec on it.

depends on what you mean by offshore mate.

just poking your head out or somethin like headin to the barwon banks, cos if the later, i'd be lookin somethin no smaller than 5.2 mtrs. a friend might be able to do you a deal on a rig, he's good friends with a boat builder, this is what his look like. just not this big for you i'm guessing hahaha

just poking your head out or somethin like headin to the barwon banks, cos if the later, i'd be lookin somethin no smaller than 5.2 mtrs. a friend might be able to do you a deal on a rig, he's good friends with a boat builder, this is what his look like. just not this big for you i'm guessing hahaha

wouldnt be to concerned about finding a hull with pods on it already. get the hull that suits your needs and if a pod is what you really would like on a boat then get them made and fitted. some hull designs have walk through transoms with custom made ladders to accomadate for divers as well. you will want good storage for the dive gear and you might want to consider storing the oxy bottles in a custom made bottle storage rack.

just a thought

im def looking for an open boat i have a cuddy cab now. at first i was lookin at the 5m mark but after seein the boat i think 4.5 4.8m be my range.offshore i am talkin upto about 15 mile as i am thinkin into the future movin back up north. mostly fish creeks for jacks and barra but this time of year it is good to lauch off the beach and get the big grunter and fingermark.as well as go spearing along the coast and around the islands.

how do the 2 strokes fair up on noise and smell these days to a 4 stroke??

chandler130 wrote:

im def looking for an open boat i have a cuddy cab now. at first i was lookin at the 5m mark but after seein the boat i think 4.5 4.8m be my range.offshore i am talkin upto about 15 mile as i am thinkin into the future movin back up north. mostly fish creeks for jacks and barra but this time of year it is good to lauch off the beach and get the big grunter and fingermark.as well as go spearing along the coast and around the islands.

how do the 2 strokes fair up on noise and smell these days to a 4 stroke??

all 2/ have had there day :silly: 4/ only way to go ;)

Archived