SIP Scheme Government Rip Off.

rayke1938

Just been reading the FFSAQ report that was presented to Sunfish AGM.

It stated that there were 50,000 SIP permits sold last year and that $618,000 was distributed to stocking groups.

Now that sounds great untill I did my sums and realised that only $12.36 from every permit actually goes to the stocking groups.

Cheers

Ray

edit

I forgot about the weekly permits but when you look at the total figures they still cream off 25%.

Supposed to be disseminated and used only for stocking, its legislated. So be interesting to see the response you get.

I've been through the rules for what stocking groups can spend it on, must be spent at a qld commercial hatchery, only thing not actually fish you can spend it on is the transport costs of getting the fish to the stocking location!

rayke1938 wrote:

I have just written to my local MP peter Dowling asking for breakdown of overheads. I am fairly certain that the tackle stores that sell the permits do not even receive commission.

Cheers

Ray

why should they get a comission?they dont do anything to help out the dam as far as im aware?they sell the permits which get the customers in their shop which may lead to an eventual sale of terminal tackle or etc...

Archived