Jarvis Walker Watersnake Killswitch?????

Whiskers

Hey guys anyone had any probs with the watersnake bowmount motors running in the stow position?

Every now and then it will just start running for no particular reason and then stops when I plug in the foot control :unsure:

I thought these things had a saftey killswitch when you pull them up is this true?

If this is the case would it be some thing I could fix ie. loose wire?????

Or can anyone recomend somewhere to get it fixed as it is draining battery when not in use.

Any help or advice would be awesome!!!!! :)

Cheers Cam.

never heard of that problem mate the safety feature on mine definately works.

sometimes i will accidentally hit the toggle on/off buttom on foot control before deploying and get a surprise when wacking it out of stow position.

you might want to email jarvis marin, go to www.jarviswalker.com.au and follow the links, they have replied to my emails within 1 day usually

I agree with Nadders, get on to Jarvis Walker, not only shouldn't it happen, but its just not draining your battery that is at issue, the motors should not be run out of water, they can easily overheat and get damaged.

I know Ray posted their service centre details a while ago when he contacted them (and got excellent service).

mate the motor wont over heat as it spins sway too slow. i have removed all electronics out of the head of my watersnake as it kept doing the same thing as yours.only thing i have lost is the safety switch..but when im under way with the motor up i just make the speed dial on the lowest it will go..which also happens to be no rotaion at all...i have accidently stuck my hand in the propellor at full speed and it didnt even draw blood..only thing it did was give me a small bruise on my thumb.

just get an anderson plug and use them...they wil draw 50+amp on full song, but that woudl only be on start up then taper down to something along the lines of 30amp.

I always have anderson plugs in series with all my leccies.

Send a email to markm@jarviswalker.com.au detailing your problem. or ring 1300763331 and ask for Mark Maundrell.( That is not the correct number but they should be able to transfer you. He is very helpfull.

Their service section is in Hervey Bay and they will probably arrange pick and delivery via courier if they want the whole unit. They didnt charge me for the pick up and delivery but it was a warranty claim. Still a lot different to Minnkota where the freight charges are on you.

Good luck with it

Cheers

Ray

I just fitted a circuit breaker of 60 Amps in line between the deep cycle and the electric motor. It only takes a press of the little red button to turn it off and a flip of the little lever to make it all live again. I think it was about 30 bucks at battery world. It not only acts as a switch but will also protect against short circuits. B)

Tight lines.

efficientships wrote:

I just fitted a circuit breaker of 60 Amps in line between the deep cycle and the electric motor. It only takes a press of the little red button to turn it off and a flip of the little lever to make it all live again. I think it was about 30 bucks at battery world. It not only acts as a switch but will also protect against short circuits. B)

Tight lines.

only problem with those is that they doent react quick enough as compared to a fuse..however its better than nothing..

i have absolutely nothing in line from the battery to my w/snake as my user manual didnt tell me to have one and i didnt want one.been going 3yrs and still sweet as a nut...but scratched to the sh1t house

Archived