Cheap Fish Finder Help..

chris_stewart14

Hey Boys,

I'll be upgrading my canoe to a tinny next year so Im looking for a cheap $hitty sounder to throw on the canoe for the Summer holidays in the mean time. It seriously does not need to be fancy as really all I want it to tell is depth in the canals and rivers and will do away with it in awhile anyway. $1-200. I remember seeing a cheap nasty one awhile ago in the shops that was mounted on it's own transducer pole? Does anyone know the one I mean or have any other suggestions?

Specs:

* Easily mountable on a canoe

* Own Transducer

* $1-200

* Tells depth

Thanks

Chris

chris_stewart14 wrote:

Hey Boys,

I'll be upgrading my canoe to a tinny next year so Im looking for a cheap $hitty sounder to throw on the canoe for the Summer holidays in the mean time. It seriously does not need to be fancy as really all I want it to tell is depth in the canals and rivers and will do away with it in awhile anyway. $1-200. I remember seeing a cheap nasty one awhile ago in the shops that was mounted on it's own transducer pole? Does anyone know the one I mean or have any other suggestions?

Specs:

* Easily mountable on a canoe

* Own Transducer

* $1-200

* Tells depth

Thanks

Chris

hi Chris,

here is the ff you were probably talking about.

/>http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0052954019726a&navCount=1&podId=0052954&parentId=cat602011&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat602011&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat602011&hasJS=true

regards,

vin

Eagle Cuda fishfinders are 179 all the time at kmart.Can retail over 200 at Marines.Good little sounder features,only drawback is no gps but you can upgrade to next eagle for about 350 or so and has gps.

I picked mine up for 139 at kmart during sale(actually the sale had ended and they left the ticket on it.Bargain for me)

Hulk

There are good ones for less than 200 on ebay but I was watching this before I bought mine and found most times a bidding war started and people would pay the same if not more than retail value.I was bidding on one,looked close to winning with an hour left then watched as someone paid about 40 dollare more than retail just due to bidding war.

Hulk

Archived