Shorncliffe Pier 23/10

Jaymz711

Gday again everyone!

Just a very short report today

Had a big fishing night prepared lastnight but ended up doing more drinking than fishing :blush:

There was talk from the locals a 8+ foot shovelnose was caught juring the day aswell as a 4ft black tip reefy.

Tides werent flash, did manage to catch this lil guy on a cooked prawn :)bronzie.JPG

I was at Baxters Jetty on Wednesday night.Three shovellies were caught ranging from 50-80cm.Best I could do is catch a sandie which I managed to set the hook into its shell so it's not a real surprise that there were reports of larger ones around.As luck would have it 3 seperate people caught the shovellies so doesn't contravine shark laws.

Hulk

hulk wrote:

I was at Baxters Jetty on Wednesday night.Three shovellies were caught ranging from 50-80cm.Best I could do is catch a sandie which I managed to set the hook into its shell so it's not a real surprise that there were reports of larger ones around.As luck would have it 3 seperate people caught the shovellies so doesn't contravine shark laws.

Hulk

What did you get the shovelies on hulk? bad luck getting so many.. Must have thought you had something decent atleast one of those timess :P

Keep in mind they dont go too bad on a barbie!

Nah mate.I didn't get the shovellies.They were caught by others.One was using pillies,another prawn and the third I can't remember as I was too busy laughing at his mrs dry reeching when they bled it.

Hulk

Feral,I wondered whether that was the case.All fish were kept and one bloke who says he's a pro sharker filleted them for everyone.Pity they weren't playing the hooking game for me :S

Archived