Bob Bell Park

Feral

I would be to!

Dunno, the surrounding suburb is on the cusp,it used to be a great quality neighborhood but the old population are leaving / disapearing, the new population moving in some are good, some already have commodores on blocks in the front yard. Daytime I park there often, night time probably if you parked up in the street (about 200m walk) it would be ok, I definately would not leave my car in the park overnight.

Wow the ramp looks great!

I know the guy that live 2 houses down from the ramp and reckons the rock walls hold some quality jacks and bream but when we throw bread from his back yard about a hundred catfish come to the surface like gold fish! Plus some water dragons( At least that's what I think they are) :unsure:

Never tryed to fish there before but might have to go down and check out the new ramp.

Launched there this morn, wat a great place to launch now :woohoo: , Went upstream in search of wateva and saw 2 bullies, then went down to the main river and Jimmy got a jewie on a blade, my canoe, so Jimmy nearly got to swim home, all up we got a flatty a GT a moses perch and a jewie. :) Jimmy will post pic of jew soon. :)

Dean ;)

Its one of my favourite yaking rivers. All sand banks and protected. But the tide can run hard, so pick it with the tides if your paddling.

If I can get a leave pass next weekend I am going to give it a red hot shot for bass right up the top, but thats about a 4k paddle from the ramp, so will be a big day.

Feral wrote:

Its one of my favourite yaking rivers. All sand banks and protected. But the tide can run hard, so pick it with the tides if your paddling.

If I can get a leave pass next weekend I am going to give it a red hot shot for bass right up the top, but thats about a 4k paddle from the ramp, so will be a big day.

Was thinking of heading there sometime this week. Let me know if you would like some company, and possibly some comic relief from a newb yakker. :P

This ramp is only good at half tide or higher. It has a massive drop off that is only a few feet into the water at low tide. If in doubt, walk down and have a look before reversing the boat down.

Archived