more of the same fish

Tiny Tin

due to the weather drying up the lawns we had a bit of time on our hands so went out in the bay again today (friday) did ok after a poor start. marty got a sole and then i got a sweetlip. then nothing for ages. we moved around and some bloke followed us..lol. we stopped on what looked like a bump but found out it was a massive bait ball sitting on the bottom. moved again and started catching a few fish..quite a few actually. fish we caught brim..tuskfish..sweetlip..snaps..sole..flathead..whiptails grrrr. martin got the only legal snap..about 50cm i think..he didn't have time to strike the rod just loaded up in his hands and the fish tore line from the reel zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. we had a few runs like that from the sweetlip too..not as many runs but they went hard first time. got a decent flattie around the 50cm mark also..marty got right back into the fish this time we caught heaps of fish around the 25 - 30cm but couldn't get the bloody tuskies to grow..all black spot and around the 25cm. i'll post the pics of the keepers later..the fish are on ice tonight..too knackered to fillet them. took a good bashing getting home..the wind turned NE and easily over 15 knots. took the sheltered route back and snuck in behind mud for a bit but when we hit the open water again it was chopy and there was a lot of small swells rolling in just under a metre but not far apart..pain in the arse..well back actually. must have been a holiday down here boats everywhere when we came back to the ramp dunno where they went? bait table taken up at the ramp so we ditched that for home. quick clean of the gear leaving the fish and boat til the morning. got me reel today (curado) the rod blank etc turned up but linda had gone out so we have to pick it up from the courier place on monday now as they are shut on the weekend..booo! lol. yeah that's the second trip we've done had a run the other day i got all the keepers (marty caught a few but was targetting big uns so no surprise he didn't catch as many as me) 3 snaps and a couple of sweeties (grassies)..pics on me phone i might get around to getting them off and post them too..bit of a lazy git me. Linda wants the garden sorted on the weekend..so that's a given eh lol. that's it for now i'm off to empty the johnny walker bottle a bit more..cheers :)

nice sesh john, lol @ the guy following you around

martys snapper sound like 50% of the snaps we get on lures. half of them pick at it gingerly and you have to pull out some insane reflexes and strike at tiny taps to pin em, and other times they just mouth it and run back to their home like a jack and hook themself

had a play with the curado yet mate? they really are great reels. still a little up in the air about selling mine, i may decide to keep it after all. calais 200dc is not cheap though and i could use the return money lol

apoklyps60 wrote:

sounds like you had a blast fishing tin. like dan said how was fishing with the curado? good day to break it in.

vin

hi vin..like i said to dan didn't get it til we got back so haven't even loaded it with braid. just finished messing about out the back cleaning the boat and the fish. had a real ball. early on it looked hopeless..on about our fourth stop we hit a hot bite. caught heaps of fish. probably returned fifty on the day..most from this spot..we couldn't keep a bait in the water for longer than a couple of minutes. got heaps of small black spot (parrot)..brim and snaps at this spot..it's also where marty got his biggest fish of the day. we normally don't go there unless we're not doing well as you use heaps of bait and have to get through all the small stuff. we tried plastics..minnows..shads..slick rigs..prongs..gulp prawns..but got nothing but holes in em when we got em back. switched to bait and she was on full time. hence the rough trip going home..we did notice the wind picking up but it was a case of..'one more cast'..lol :laugh: .then the boat couldn't hold in position due to the strong wind so we pulled the pick and fled. good day the weather was great early about 5 knots til late morning then it picked up to around ten knots. then around 2 in the arvo she played up..sea breeze etc had the weather as 10-15..N/NE. it was blowing from the W/NW at 5 knots when we went out..so the old adage of early bird was bang on.. get out early and get back early or cop a flogging..cheers bro :)

noname wrote:

cheers for the heads up, sounds like a few different fish were caught there, just waiting for them to grow now :lol:

hi rob..you'll have to be quick i know where they live and will be checking on em from time to time..lol. but really there should be plenty around in the future there's heaps of em out there :)

Tiny Tin wrote:

apoklyps60 wrote:
sounds like you had a blast fishing tin. like dan said how was fishing with the curado? good day to break it in.

vin

hi vin..like i said to dan didn't get it til we got back so haven't even loaded it with braid. just finished messing about out the back cleaning the boat and the fish. had a real ball. early on it looked hopeless..on about our fourth stop we hit a hot bite. caught heaps of fish. probably returned fifty on the day..most from this spot..we couldn't keep a bait in the water for longer than a couple of minutes. got heaps of small black spot (parrot)..brim and snaps at this spot..it's also where marty got his biggest fish of the day. we normally don't go there unless we're not doing well as you use heaps of bait and have to get through all the small stuff. we tried plastics..minnows..shads..slick rigs..prongs..gulp prawns..but got nothing but holes in em when we got em back. switched to bait and she was on full time. hence the rough trip going home..we did notice the wind picking up but it was a case of..'one more cast'..lol :laugh: .then the boat couldn't hold in position due to the strong wind so we pulled the pick and fled. good day the weather was great early about 5 knots til late morning then it picked up to around ten knots. then around 2 in the arvo she played up..sea breeze etc had the weather as 10-15..N/NE. it was blowing from the W/NW at 5 knots when we went out..so the old adage of early bird was bang on.. get out early and get back early or cop a flogging..cheers bro :)

sounds like an awesome trip tin. what size powerpro did you end up getting?

Archived