Clontarf Lizards - Wading Session 24.10.2009

stewie

Hey guys,

Hit the Clontarf foreshore for a quick wading session this morning. First cast was @ 5.15am, and last @ 8.30am. I was met with a light Northerly wind which makes the area nice and settled to cruise with the polaroids. Wasn't sure what to expect, as I find this area is much better (for me anyhow) in the cooler months, but I needed a session fix and so I thought I would experiment a bit.

Started flicking 3" Gulp Shrimp (Molten) for a while with little success. Switched to a Squidgie in a pink colour and first cast was successful. Kept with the brighter colours and they seemed to the goods, although nothing big to brag about.

Landed 12 flathead for the session which I was really happy about given my lack of success there last season, all between around 15cm and 42cm. The latter was kept for breakky. I dropped a larger one that came in like a dead weight, but when it saw me took a big run and dropped the jig :(

I wade with a boogie board floating behind me with me gear box on it, and it managed to become loose mid-way through the session. I keep my car keys, wallet and mobile in the box. I didn't notice for a while, so it slowly drifted off toward Shorncliffe. Managed to fill the waders again trying to chase it, but it was too deep. Started to get that sinking feeling. Long one short and some worrying moments later, I hit the box on the full with the soft plastic jig from about 20 yards away. Snagged the landing net and happy ending.

Although I love my waders, I reckon every second trip I fill the buggers. Sorry no pics this trip.

Gave a great week.

Stewie.

Rocket75 wrote:

smart thinking on the tackle recovery, bet that got the adrenaline pumping.

are you 100% sight casting ? you must be good at seeing the little bastaards!

rocket

Rocket: I can never see them when they are still. I more use the polaroids to see the edge of the rock they lay near, the lizards following the lure and seeing the "lies" as I wade across an area.

Stewie.

Archived