New Camping spots within 100km of Brisvegas!!

lethalsaints

Just wondering if anyone can suggest some good camping spots withing 100k of Brisbane?? I have a tinnie, a mrs and a 5yr old kid.... Been to the following spots Amity Point, Mission Point and Pottsville. Just wondering if some could suggest a good spot and what it has to offer (greatly apprieciated) thanks heaps..... Lethal

tallebudgera ck caravan park has a ramp just after the back gate into the creek with a great beach half way round the park and a netted off swimming encloser . the creek fishes well for whiting,bream,flahead and the odd jack up the creek along with plenty of yabbie banks and tailor off the rock groin at the mouth. they were constructing a water park through this year and have tent,caravan sites and cabins. there's a surf club across the road with a patroled flagged area and the club you can get a good feed at

some of us are going up to somerset dam soon, the spit camping ground is where we will be located. it's easy goin atmosphere, chasing redclaw, but all sorts of freshwater fish to be caught too, your all welcome to come up and set up ya camp, keeping in mind there will be al kohol consumed, but not a roudy bunch. so the offer is there if ya want.

robbo.

there is a post here for [somerset for the weekend.]

thanks for all the replys fellas...... for pumicistone passage my mates have lived there for 40 odd years(they are pretty old) they know the area well so sometimes i head up there to fish local jew hole etc.... as for somerset will let you know i love redclaw btw.. i have some in tanks at home but became to attached to them cant eat them :( ..tallebudgera sounds alright to me i have fished there few times and got some big bream near the mouth, but have never fished further up. Thanks for replys guys all ideas help appreciate it dearly.... Lethal

Boreen Point / Lake Cootharaba.

On the Noosa River. You have freshwater to fish upstream from the lake and salt downstream - all the way to the bar. You can drop the wife and kid off at Noosaville if they're getting a bit antsie and continue on fishing ;)

The camping grounds (with boat ramp) are just below the pub there, which has a great menu and atmosphere. A bit of a "family" type pub.

All the usual river species to catch - bullies, cod, bream, flatties, jacks, trevs, rays etc in the salt and bass in the fresh.

The lake is shallow so you can let the kids have a splash without too many concerns.

aidanwebb wrote:

hey guys sorry to steal the post, but can I elaborate and ask does anyone know any spots mentioned above where you can take dogs over night? Bakkies wants to go fishing again.

inskip point .

some of the caravan parks .

non of the national parks .

fresh water creeks most of the reserve's and parks .

/>http://aussiecamping.info/

/>http://ozcamps.net/

aidanwebb wrote:

hey guys sorry to steal the post, but can I elaborate and ask does anyone know any spots mentioned above where you can take dogs over night? Bakkies wants to go fishing again.

In the same area I mentioned - just downstream of lake cootharaba on the river is a place called John's Landing (apparently he had wings). I think it's dog friendly, but best to Google to make sure.

carusoe island is where the AFO gang went a few weeks ago you don't need a permit and along the northern side has good camping spots to land near with sand beach to drag the boat up on have a look through the posts from 2 weeks ago and you'll see 'the pin trip'

mark

lethalsaints wrote:

Yeah kewl i have fished there a couple times few years back and got some massive bream... Thanks for the info all these suggestions go into the black book cause i love my camping and will give them all a go at some stage thanks mate.........

haha last time i was at fingal was with you and old mate who couldnt tie a hook on to save his life... sinkers n stuff flying everywhere.

then when he finaly manages to hook something the reel handles gone missing.

what a night.. rain.. flying hooks and sinkers.. classic.

so going from experience where abouts in bribe is good? dont need much facilities although toilets would be a plus.. prob make a guys weekend out of it so drinking would have to be allowed.

Anyone got names of places and contact numbers so i can ring up and see about availability?

Mate there is a few at Bribie. Thers is nice one that is kind of family orientated right on hte water at Bongaree. Just google for a phone number. However as long as you aren't too roudy you should be fine. I have camped there a few times. If you have a 4x4 you might be able to find somewhere on the North end of teh Island not sure if your allowed though so check first. There is one at the surf beach as well.

Archived