Bass'n in the rain Pics Added!

DES

I wasn't planning on hitting the bass again until wednesday or thursday but when I noticed a storm coming in that was all the motivation I needed. B) Parked the car about 4pm but didn't get to the river until about 5 (another shortcut gone wrong).

Cast out and immediately hooked up but dropped the fish. Next 2 casts I dropped fish. 4th cast nothing, then 5th cast managed to stay connected. Healthy little 36cm Bass gets his photo taken and back in the water. :cheer:

This continued for about half an hour during which time it started to rain. I called it quits when the lightning-thunder interval reached zero. :ohmy:

Finished up with about twelve bass on the bank and probably dropped as many. They seemed to be in two size brackets, with half around 34cm fork length and the others 42cm.

A couple of the ones I dropped had a lot more fight than the 43cm one so I am keen to get back there and crack my PB of 46cm. :woohoo:

Tight lines,

Dan

Sorry about the phone pics

Pic_1026_173_AFO.jpgPic_1026_174_AFO.jpgPic_1026_179_AFO.jpg

Thanks for the replies fellas. I am going to buy a cable for my phone now so I can get some pics up.

When I started chasing bass a couple of months ago I was told to follow the thin blue lines. It took a few trips and some serious scrub bashing but made it all the more rewarding when I got onto them.

Cheers

Dan

Being a bass rookie I was keen to see how that bit of rain affected them.

So I headed back to the same spot about 6pm. There was a lot of surface activity when I arrived. Got a 39cmFL in the first couple of casts and another 5 before they went quiet. Biggest went 45cmFL. :)

Archived