Albert River Bass Session

Gazza

After a crappy weather report for Sunday :angry:

Rummy and I headed inland away from the wind :)

We had a ball fishing the upper albert river (my phone died along with my pics but rummy has some)

Brief summary 3 hrs some of that catching shrimp :(

Rummy ended up top dog with 15 :woohoo: Bass

not monsters biggest was prob 40 and some were babies

I got the biggest lol

and a tandanus prob 43-45

but tally

Rummy 15 Me 7 need bigger shrimp ;)

Cheers Gaz

yeah sorry bout the wait!

thanks for starting the thread gazzman!

as my old mate gazza said we wernt up for 30k winds in the bay on sun so i offerd to take him down to a few of the creeks down the road from my house and see if we can hasle a few bass and sink a few beers for the arvo.

we hit the first spot for moastly bait and a quick flick but it didnt look too promising after gazz only got one tandanass! and i didnt get any strikes on the lures so we moved round the corner to another spot!

a very good idea that was because within 1 min in the water i had my first bass of the day!

not 10 min later i got another two or three before old mate gazz also found a sweet spot and bagan hais tally for the day!

we had a great arvo sinking beers and catching bass by the creek side and ended up chasing mare bait as they were just that hungry!

it did end up dying off a bit towards 5pm but i think i we tried some surface lures we could have been in for a long arvo!

i dont have many pics! they were all on gazzas phone but i guess motoroler users will never learn! lol :lol:

cheers Ian

first pic is gazzas tandanass/eel tail catfish. 25102009373_Custom.jpg

Forgot a funny bit :)

We had minimal bait fishing tackle :( and as lures where not working we were caught short on floats so I said to Ian take the trebles off a bright colored HB and yes it worked !!!

We both ended up with HB floats but Ian out fished me :( ( HMMMM maybe I should have changed lure floats ) LOL

Gaz

lethalsaints wrote:

Yeah i knew logan river went to jimboomba. Thought Albert was an anabranch that didn't go much further... Any crayfish up there?

im not 100% sure at the moment? do you mean yabbies/fresh crays? ive been told the creek that runns through my property has yabbies in it!(when its not dry) my creek leads drectly to the albert river, so im guessing they would be all through the fresh water reaches!

ive just got hold of a yabbie trap so i will keep ya posted on where and how many there are around the area ok!

cheers Ian.

lethalsaints wrote:

Yeah i knew logan river went to jimboomba. Thought Albert was an anabranch that didn't go much further... Any crayfish up there?

its interesting

the Albert river starts in lamington national park .

the Logan river start in Mt barney national park.

i have fished the logan at flanagan's reserve .

caught turtles and eels,seen other people catch bass ,yellow ,carp .

fished the Albert at darlington park.

caught bass,seen others catch carp ,cod .

people catch and use fresh water cray fish (fresh water shrimp )as bait .

uglyfish wrote:

might go camping out there i think..sittin on the ck bank drinking a stubbie or to sounds very inviting

there are some nice and cheap camping spot on the river out there .

we camp out there a bit ,but only started fishing it Easter this year .

also Andrew drynan park on running creek ,it connects to the logan .

there all good cheap spots ,where u can get fish .all have toilets ,but only flanagans has showers.

lethalsaints wrote:

I will go for a bit of a drive and have a squizz i reckon love checking out freshwater spots usually no one around, bit of a change to the traffic on the rivers and boat ramps at the salt..

hi Lethal

there is a nice spot you should check out on beemleigh/beudesert rd!

its a part of cedar creek and has some nice rock pools and a park area!

its just past charden bridge rd over the hill! (towards beudesert)

and about 200mtrs past the start of cedar creek rd! off beenleigh beudesert rd!

if you start there and head back towards beenleigh you are bound to find a good spot!

cheers Ian.

Archived