4 stroke yamaha va 60 hp mercury

Anhie

I have a 50 4 stroke Yammie, great motor and awesome on fuel.

One of my previous boats had a 75 hp 4 Stroke Merc, nice motor, quiet and good on fuel. The motor had a computer error. Merc Australia in in all there wisdom took about 8 weeks to get the part to the dealer. Absolute BS, they would not take the part out of a motor in stock but rather make me wait for the part to be SHIPPED from the states.

Merc customer service, Springwood marine was nothing short of pathetic.

Just my 2 c

Leighton wrote:

I have a 50 4 stroke Yammie, great motor and awesome on fuel.

One of my previous boats had a 75 hp 4 Stroke Merc, nice motor, quiet and good on fuel. The motor had a computer error. Merc Australia in in all there wisdom took about 8 weeks to get the part to the dealer. Absolute BS, they would not take the part out of a motor in stock but rather make me wait for the part to be SHIPPED from the states.

Merc customer service, Springwood marine was nothing short of pathetic.

Just my 2 c

I will back leighton on springwood having crap customer service If you get a merc go to cooparoo marine I have had 3 mercs all been good with no problems touch wood.In saying that I have heard alot of good things about yammie 4's.

I have a 60 merc 4 stroke which cost me $8000 new fitted in 2008. That was $1500 cheaper than the best quote I got for a 60 yammie 4 stroke. Merc warranty is 5 years which is 2 years better than yammie, and they are virtually identical motors I believe.

Mine is on a V146C haines half cabin, and I get 32 knots and average about 3 km per litre over all running, which is pretty good in my books.

Jeremy

Just to confuse things, I have both (sort of), one at work and one at home.

I have a yammy 60 4str on a 4.8mt cruise craft, and a merc 60 efi 4 stoke on the 4.8mt rigid hull at work,.

I prefer the yammy. The throtle control is way better on the yammy.

The merc has had the service guy out 3 times and the yammy has never missed a beat.

The yammy has about 300 hours and the merc has about 70 but I still like the yammy.

I have a 50hp efi merc big foot 1700 hours still going strong. Think it will boil down to best price and who will give best service. On southside either Coorparoo ( Mick Neville ) or Wondall road marine ( Brian Neville micks father )are both honest and excellent for mercs.They both will look after you for life.

Springwood are part of Motorama Group ( Nuff said)

Stones Corner Marine are Yamaha agents and Graham Pflaum found their service very ordinary.

Cheers

Ray

thanks for the feed back peepz :). why i ask is because i can either go with a stacer nomad and neither agents stock suzuki. THe mercury is 300 cheaper then the yamaha.

$$ isnt an issue. Any1 have good dealings with wynumm marine ? good or bad just let me know

Archived