BATYAK OR BATBOAT - Thursday Night 5pm till 10pm

batman

Itching to get out for a fish this week and according to Seabreeze Thursday is the pick of the week. If I take the yak, thinking Ballimba/Teneriffe wharfs, if take the boat, Poo shoot, rock wall etc...

I haven't done a night yak for quit some time so if anyone has a yak and is keen for a fish let me know.

Otherwise, I could get the boat out but all that cleaning during a week night might do my head in.....

If anyone is keen let me know what you are up to...

Batty :)

Mate

If taking the yak, launch at Bullimba and head up or down stream depending on tide etc, I have a preference for the sand refinery at Tennerife as I have caught quite a few Bream at night on hard boddies in the shallows and I would imagine there must be big Jewies, cod between the pylons in the lights at night!?

If I am going to get the new boat out I can accomodate two deckies. We could head up to the poo shoot, boggy creek area. I have a decent sounder so it shouldn't be to much of a problem. I have never taken a boat out at night on the river so deckies with experience and a good head on them is required. (All I ask is to throw me a few bob for fuel as over the past few weeks I have been playing hard and the budget is looking a little lean.)

Thanks Bommie ....looks like I have no friends! :blush: :laugh:

Na it's cool I will take the yak out tonight and if anyone is interested Saturday I am launching at Comslie at 5:30 sharp to head out to Mud.

Taking me mate Milo (Labby) and his fiesty side kick Molly (cocker) along for the ride.

Batty

So I popped out last night with the Batyak and launched at the westend around 7pm, I peddled down to "The Island", it is tied up at west end and cast the smallest blade I have, 3rd cast bang a 25cm Bream, dang I forgot how the fight on 6pound leader!

Went dead for a while and the tide turned started to drift down towards the city. Cast a squidgy lobby towards the drainage pipes and zzzz she took off again another little bream.

Tried around the big bridge legs but no cigar, I peddled into the shallows of the william jolly bridge by the new art centre and a huge patch of water errupted with prawns!!! I only had my landing net with me and I tried to troll up a few but dang they were to quick!! I chased and chased and by chance two jumped onto the rocks under the bridge, I jumped out and grabbed them...

rigged one up and drifted and drifted...all of a sudden the 4000 reel took off and I thought wooohooo threadie time :woohoo: ........drag was to light...pulled it in....fckin catty! doh! :angry:

trolled home into bed around 12pm, nice to be out on the water!

Batty

Archived