Kedron Brook,Nudgee Beach Sat 31.10

dattofan

Hiya, Heading up to kedron brook,nudgee beach on saturday morning ,land based and will be targetting flat-heads if all goes to plan ,checked the tides,got me rods all set up ,paternoster with a squidgie up top and bait on lower and running rig on my other rod,I went to coles and got some uncooked banana prawns and some marinara mix(prawns,mussels salmon,squid and scallops)also got some Gulp blood worms ,i read up on some different spots such as opposite the waste station and the jetty and also along fortitude st ,so i plan to get there nice and early for the incoming high tide.been waiting to do this for a while,cant wait. :)

dattofan wrote:

Hiya, Heading up to kedron brook,nudgee beach on saturday morning ,land based and will be targetting flat-heads if all goes to plan ,checked the tides,got me rods all set up ,paternoster with a squidgie up top and bait on lower and running rig on my other rod,I went to coles and got some uncooked banana prawns and some marinara mix(prawns,mussels salmon,squid and scallops)also got some Gulp blood worms ,i read up on some different spots such as opposite the waste station and the jetty and also along fortitude st ,so i plan to get there nice and early for the incoming high tide.been waiting to do this for a while,cant wait. :)

sounds like an awesome plan mate.. ive done it millions of times! can be quite good on the right day! Just a tip the cooked prawns actually work better (flatties like the bright orange colours)

And if the fish arent biting you can eat the remainder of the bait if you keep it cool :P

dattofan wrote:

I'd better get my prawns out of the freezer and cook them if they like bright colours,thanks for that tip,i usualy use strips of fish or mussels when i can get them.Bit under 12 hours to go :fishing: cant wait.

Al.

All the best! make sure ya let me know how ya go :)

Jaymz711 wrote:

dattofan wrote:
I'd better get my prawns out of the freezer and cook them if they like bright colours,thanks for that tip,i usualy use strips of fish or mussels when i can get them.Bit under 12 hours to go :fishing: cant wait.

Al.

All the best! make sure ya let me know how ya go :)

Will do.I might take my digi camera and take some pics (if i get any).

Managed to get up at Nudgee on sat morning ,tried a few different spots and baits and had no luck so i went up to Scarborough point and caught one 6" fingermark sea perch and 1 other that looked the same but with out the black fingermark about the same size.whilst there i had a hook up with some un-seen fish,i gave a bit of a fight for a minute or so before it just let go of my hook,had to adjust the drag a few times to slow it down and at the same time not snap my braid.that got my adrenalin rushing for a few minutes after.

Later that night ,back at Nudgee,time unknown ,didn't have my mobile or watch,caught my first dirty,slimy,grunt-grunt catfish ,got another 4 catfish ,they put up a bit of a fight with little gear ,so that was the trade off sh#t fish= good time.

Didn't get any flatties except for a hang-over the next morning all in all it was a good day/night out. PIC00034_AFO.jpgPIC00032_AFO.jpg

Archived