2009 November Fish Of The Month - Chat

Angus

no pics sorry ellicat but the rig is a small black swivel 27lb single strand wire to a 4/0 mustard big gun hook . i use then a bait needle i made from a coat hanger then bend a end over and stick it up the butt of a pilchard and hook the swivel on to the turned end of the bait needle and pull it through the bait till the swivel comes out its mouth . as the hooks nears the butt i push the point of the hook into the pilchard body to stop it pulling through the gut and ending up near the head . this is a bit of a problem rebaiting as it must be cut off and start over but when its a slow day this out preforms gang hooks . i make heaps of rigs and bait them up and put them in the esky ready for changing out

mark

tugger wrote:

i've heard reports of spotties to 4kg off the sunny coast last week thats where i'll be heading for a look ,travis and malcom i'll give you guys some notice when i head up there

mark

Sweet as mate got the new trolling rod and picking up some new trolling halcos and skirts next week

my favourite is a rapala with teeth marks all over it but there are a lot of lures that would work . mackerel hit at speed and spanish have big mouths and can get past the lure to the trace so i always use wire . my preference is single strand wire which is hard to see when in the water but kinks easily and will need changing each fish then i cut out the twisted bits

• 4 weeks later...

Archived